Smaller Wheels!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
robbo

Post by robbo »

I have ordered a T3 R-Design Pro with 20" 5 Double Spoke (Diamond Cut/Matt Black) with 245/45 Tyres, why would these wheels still be on build your
Volvo site if they cannot get them for First Edition models. I cannot understand why Volvo UK act this way, they should be more clear on delivery dates and all the wheels should be available to people if they ordered same. The wheels are made in China and I am sure one phone call to the factory's over there and you would think they would be winging there way to Ghent. As other people have said on this site as soon as the 20" came available they should change them out to the customers that specked same, that would be the right thing to do (not for Volvo it seems).
The full launch has been a disaster they should have had a system ready to cope since day one and didn't, now what you have is a lot of dissatisfied customers that may chose to cancel orders for specs and delays and the opposing car company's picking up the business where is the sense in that.

Robbo

chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

dek40 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm My dealer said that they have just received my car. I was excited. The salesman sent me a video with it just off the transporter covered in plastic wrapping. I spotted that the 20"wheels that I ordered have been replaced by 19" wheels. The car does not look like I expected and the wheels are a big thing for me. Anyone else been shafted like this? Considering my options at the moment.

D4 FE Crystal White Lava Orange and wee wheels
That's awful. My dealer told me about the wheels and headlamp washer shortage on FEs the day before the launch event and it would affect customer orders closed from late January onwards. I told my dealer that I would reject the vehicle and complained to VCUK too - they then told me that I could have a "19MY" FE if I waited...so I'm waiting...still have a 6 June estimated delivery date. Still not convinced it will actually be classed as a FE on the V5C but it maybe just a R-Design Pro in which case I am half expecting the date to slip...watch this space.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
dek40

Post by dek40 »

Many thanks that would be an acceptable outcome to me. Thanks for the suggestion
XC40 FE Crystal White D4 20" beauties Lava Orange Gardex Paint Protection. No headlamp washers. AKA 'Helga'

Post by Flatman5 »

chingf0rd wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am
dek40 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm My dealer said that they have just received my car. I was excited. The salesman sent me a video with it just off the transporter covered in plastic wrapping. I spotted that the 20"wheels that I ordered have been replaced by 19" wheels. The car does not look like I expected and the wheels are a big thing for me. Anyone else been shafted like this? Considering my options at the moment.

D4 FE Crystal White Lava Orange and wee wheels
That's awful. My dealer told me about the wheels and headlamp washer shortage on FEs the day before the launch event and it would affect customer orders closed from late January onwards. I told my dealer that I would reject the vehicle and complained to VCUK too - they then told me that I could have a "19MY" FE if I waited...so I'm waiting...still have a 6 June estimated delivery date. Still not convinced it will actually be classed as a FE on the V5C but it maybe just a R-Design Pro in which case I am half expecting the date to slip...watch this space.
I was told about three days after signaling my interest that only 19s would be available, but that wasn't an issue for me, as they would have been my preference as i liked the look of and perceived feel of those anyway, can your dealer put some on back order and swap out at a later date for you? maybe that could be an option if you are really set on the other wheels.
dek40

Post by dek40 »

Many thanks for the advice. That seems the best tactic. Dealer due to call me tomorrow.
XC40 FE Crystal White D4 20" beauties Lava Orange Gardex Paint Protection. No headlamp washers. AKA 'Helga'

Post by MPS 1 »

dek40 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 pm Many thanks for the advice. That seems the best tactic. Dealer due to call me tomorrow.
Let us know what they say about changing wheels over at a later date......I feel like I might be in a similar position when I go to collect in a few weeks
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18
dek40

Post by dek40 »

Now know that the car does not have headlamp washers. Salesman to speak to his manager about the wheels hassle. I have advised that the 19" is a show stopper. Might has well have delivered a different colour since the look of the car is so different.

Post by dek40 »

Problem solved. The dealer has swapped the 19" wheels with 20's from their demonstrator that has done 700 miles. I really wanted those wheels so I am prepared to accept this option. Seems Volvo were not helpful and would not give a delivery date for new wheels. I collect the car on Monday. Getting excited again.

Post by Marketry »

I had a Porsche a while back and wanted to swap some wheels. The dealership would have had Porsche hq crashing down on them if they swapped anything, even if it was off a new car that had driven zero miles.

I can't believe Volvo have swapped wheels off a used car onto a new car. This is my first Volvo and, what with the delivery shambles, I'm getting a dimmer view of the brand as each new post arrives on this forum.

If it were me I'd be wanting at least £2k off the price but I'd open with a £3k request.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

dek40 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 am Problem solved. The dealer has swapped the 19" wheels with 20's from their demonstrator that has done 700 miles. I really wanted those wheels so I am prepared to accept this option. Seems Volvo were not helpful and would not give a delivery date for new wheels. I collect the car on Monday. Getting excited again.
That's a solution I suppose - obviously check for curbing/damage!

If you are bothered, you ought to ask for some freebies too - I was offered 350GBP due to the lack of wheels and headlamp washers.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018