Tow bar

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Jdh

Post by Jdh »

Tow bar on a fe. Just been told that the car will be delivered 30th April and with me first week in may but no tow bar. There out of stock and don't have a delivery date. Anyone else been told this.

ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

No, but I do have a towbar and it's a very nice implementation. Very expensive though, but I think that's true of all manufacturers.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
SquirrelGT

Post by SquirrelGT »

It's far too expensive though. You can spec a Tow bar on the Porsche for £800. Why the Volvo is over 1k is beyond me.
T4 R-Design Pro | Osmium Grey | Ordered 13th Oct | Scheduled Delivery 18th Feb
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

SquirrelGT wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:18 pm It's far too expensive though. You can spec a Tow bar on the Porsche for £800. Why the Volvo is over 1k is beyond me.
My towbar was only £800. Which makes sense. It was £800 on my X6 as well. I cannot see why a Porsche towbar would be more expensive. Unless it is titanium to save weight ;-)
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

Hi tried out the power towbar today. Expensive but well engineered.

2CDE21FC-A400-4762-AFB4-7CB6AFC3635A.jpeg

I also bought a new bike rack as shown here. It is the Euro Compact by MFG. Great bit of kit. Holds a road bike or two securely and folds really small. Full LED lighting and the XC40 does a full light test when you plug it in.
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

There is also a hold-up in production if you ordered a tow-bar due to shortage.

My dealer had ordered a lot of tow-bars be cause he predicts a greater shortage in the future.
Since my order is delayed I got a tow-bar reserved for me to put on my car when it finally arrives.
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
ste12

Post by ste12 »

When I ordered the tow bar way back in March, I'd envisaged the dealership pre-ordering it so would be at dealership ready for when the car landed with them i.e. so would minimise delay in getting the car to me. Apparently, although the tow bar was back ordered months ago, Volvo (Sweden) won't release them to dealerships until the car is actually built and has a VIN. My car is at the dealership now (since Tuesday 10th), all PDI'd but waiting on tow bar. The tow bar could be in today. On Tuesday I had been told it would be next Friday (20th) that tow bar would be all complete (which would have been 10 days) but I've done a lot of chasing to bring it forward (hopefully).

So, if anyone has ordered the tow bar, try and be really on the ball when your car gets actually built (and still at the factory) because as soon as you get a VIN, you can get your dealership to chase Volvo (Sweden) to despatch the tow bar to them. I'd thought I'd done everything possible to stop potential delays but the system with tow bars being released to dealerships works in such a way that it's hard to sync the car landing and tow bar landing at the same time.
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
allroad

Post by allroad »

Tow Bar fitted today.... pity the 7 pin converter has to be removed every time before stowing the bar back underneath the car
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !