Trailer delivery costs of new car

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

I'm not sure where my new car will be delivered from yet but if it is a distance away I'm wondering what the cost/Ml would be to use a trailer.

Does anybody know the approximate charges made for such a delivery,

Best
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D

David56

Post by David56 »

Markxc40 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:29 am I'm not sure where my new car will be delivered from yet but if it is a distance away I'm wondering what the cost/Ml would be to use a trailer.

Does anybody know the approximate charges made for such a delivery,

Best
I also have no idea where my car will be delivered from but it is being delivered by transporter from wherever at no extra charge (next week!!)
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello David that's good news for you.

What I found out today is that their dealer is in Peterborough and that there is no charge whichever way a car is delivered i.e. driven or trailer/transporter. So that confirms what you have said.
Door to door is 112 miles but I'm hoping it's me that gets to put the first 100+ miles on it.

Regards
David56

Post by David56 »

Try your hardest for your car to be transported via trailer etc, as you say it's better you yourself put the first 100 plus miles on the clock and also you really dont know how it will be driven to you do you?
I really hope mine isn't coming to me via Peterborough......it's only 15 miles from me! They are so secretive about who the dealer is! Which I suppose is fair enough with the discount they are giving.
Now Sold
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Ahh, good point David. I think each lease company has their own dealer I'm with Nationwide and it is theirs that is in Peterborough.
I imagine it is something that they constantly review for best deals.

Best
David56

Post by David56 »

Ah sorry, I didn't realise you were leasing....I'm actually buying through a broker.
As you say I expect all these brokers/ leasing companies are constantly reviewing the various dealer prices that they have on their books.
Now Sold
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

To add to the complication, lease cos will have a panel of dealers across the country based on region. That said, Nationwide are Just a finance broker, a finance company will be funding and managing; so sometimes they nominate the dealer - or set terms, so it actually won’t matter to the broker.
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon