£250 Excess Return Voucher

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Recieved an email today with details of the above voucher from Volvo car insurance. £250 off your insurance excess if you have an accident and call Volvo First and let them handle your claim. Good deal.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

wakey

Post by wakey »

jd40 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am Recieved an email today with details of the above voucher from Volvo car insurance. £250 off your insurance excess if you have an accident and call Volvo First and let them handle your claim. Good deal.
I got one too 👍 Printed and put in the car. My own insurance excess is £250 so definitely a good deal.
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

I was given a voucher when I collected my car a great deal.
RG1984

Post by RG1984 »

Hello Folks,

I’m an S90 owner just dropping by to provide a friendly word of caution regarding the £250 excess return voucher.

Like everything free there is a slight catch! If you are involved in an accident and wish to take advantage of the offer, you absolutely must call the number on the voucher itself. Do not call Volvo breakdown assist or Volvo accident management.

I recently had an accident in my S90 which, amongst other bits of damage, left the car undrivable due to a smashed alloy and two burst tyres. After the incident my first thought was to call Volvo breakdown as I only had one spare wheel and tyre. Volvo breakdown advised that because the vehicle had been involved in a collision they needed to transfer me to Volvo accident management.

Foolishly I felt happy that in doing so I had called Volvo first, as requested in email accompanying the voucher. I was also sure that I was using Volvo to manage my accident and my car would be repaired at a Volvo approved body shop - which indeed I was and it was.

The trouble came when I submitted a claim
against the voucher. The claim was rejected because when the email and voucher refer to “Volvo first” it doesn’t actually mean Volvo!! I have since been advised by Volvo Insurance that the number on the voucher connects you with Kindertons/Accident After care. These are a totally separate company to Volvo’s own accident management service.

At present I am in contact with Volvo Cars UK, Volvo Insurance and my supplying dealer about this. My dealer (P.V Dobson in Cumbria) have been brilliant and the seem to have secured a £250 payment because of how misleading the email and voucher are.

I think the voucher is a very generous offer to us new Volvo owners - I just hope by sharing my experience nobody else falls foul of the circumstances I did!!

Hope your all enjoy the XC40’s, the few I have seen so far look really nice.

Regards

Richard
Bob

Post by Bob »

Good to hear P V Dobson have been good, that is who I'm getting my XC40 from.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 pm Good to hear P V Dobson have been good, that is who I'm getting my XC40 from.

Bob
Ditto
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October