Delays to production

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

just seen this in my emails and wondered is this what's happened to Volvo? Audi stopped SQ5 orders but apparently not because of lack of build slots

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-wltp-e ... ar-buyers/
WhatCar wrote:The situation is potentially good news for bargain hunters, though, because many manufacturers currently build more cars than they can sell, and may need to offer extra incentives or pre-register more cars than usual to clear their stockpiles before the 1 September deadline.

Perhaps in an effort to avoid this, Audi recently suspended sales of its high performance SQ5 SUV; it claims this is due to a full build slot run, but sources have suggested to our sister title Autocar that the new emissions limits are to blame.

Buyers wanting a new SQ5 can currently only purchase one that’s already in stock, with no date set for when new specification models can be ordered.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Doesn't apply to XC40, though. 1) new model already compliant, 2) no stock.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

AlexK wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm Doesn't apply to XC40, though. 1) new model already compliant, 2) no stock.
Was thinking of the older models, have they pushed the XC40 back to force through orders of none compliant cars? To make sure they're on the road before sept and why lots of xc40 orders are now sept onwards.

Just a thought anyways, will admit that I'm not too familiar with the Volvo lineup
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Given the high degree of commonality between models, particularly in terms of engines, I would be surprised if that was the case.

Spare a thought for FCA - as far as I'm aware, nothing in their various brand line-ups is fully compliant, and they have a sizeable number of cars at various ports. If they can't shift them before the deadline, they'll have to be scrapped.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.