Fixed production to delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Hi All,

Anyone able to advise the timelines for this please?
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.

andygou

Post by andygou »

According to my dealer, the time between the end of production and arrival at the dealers is 2-4 days, then preparation/PDI should take no more than 2 days, depending on how busy the workshop is.

Hope this helps.
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Ah thank you. And how long from starting production?
I’ve never had a new car before so trying to control my excitement and manage my expectations
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My dealer said typically 7-10 days from out of factory door till in my hands (assuming UK). My experience was that this was (just!) slightly longer - but was messed up due to Easter weekend when everyone was on holiday and then in catch up mode.

Don't know about production. Question will be how does one define the start date? What is the first step?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Boomer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:31 am My dealer said typically 7-10 days from out of factory door till in my hands (assuming UK). My experience was that this was (just!) slightly longer - but was messed up due to Easter weekend when everyone was on holiday and then in catch up mode.

Don't know about production. Question will be how does one define the start date? What is the first step?
Interesting.

My original delivery date was w/c 23rd April, with an expectation of it being available on the 24th. Not heard anything since 30th March (when I chased) when I was advised there was no change and they'd get back to me the following week (nope).

I'll be making a call later today to see what is happening. I need a car from 25th April - they've always known I needed one that week and is why I ordered with them due to the dates provided. If the car isn't available, be interesting to see if they stick by their promise of loaning me a vehicle.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

IF this helps. I had mine in my hands 9 days (and that includes the Easter "delay") after receiving the email from Volvo that "Production had started". Now as others have said that email seems a bit random. I can confirm similar as my dealer told me a few days before the email arrived that the car was complete and waiting in a compound waiting shipment.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Just chased. News is good but not overly enamoured with how this is being dealt with...

Anyway, been advised the date hasn't changed 'luckily' the salesman said. Showing as build complete tomorrow so he's said he'll call me Thursday with an update.

IF all good, then hopefully can collect next Wednesday. They stated they're only given 48hrs notice of arrival?

Timings do fit in with above though - a week from build finished to collection
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

When you place an order for an XC40 the dealer gives a production commencement week number.

What period of time is the vehicle on the production line from start to completion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition / D4 / Crystal White / Charcoal / 20" Wheels / Production delayed by 5 months