Anyone using the "tag" key fob

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

The larger key has buttons (open, close, boot, that sort of thing) and contains a skeleton key should the keyless/buttons fail. The smaller key is just wireless ie none of things just mentioned.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

wakey

Post by wakey »

Boomer wrote: ↑Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm The larger key has buttons (open, close, boot, that sort of thing) and contains a skeleton key should the keyless/buttons fail. The smaller key is just wireless ie none of things just mentioned.
And the smaller β€œkey” is waterproof so you can take it swimming if the need arises 😬
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Many thanks πŸ‘πŸ»
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Am slightly scared of using the waterproof key as the battery isn't replaceable. So if that's all you have with you, and it goes flat, there's no alternative? Though I guess it'll warn you?
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

ForgotRafe wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:28 pm Am slightly scared of using the waterproof key as the battery isn't replaceable. So if that's all you have with you, and it goes flat, there's no alternative? Though I guess it'll warn you?
Well..not quite if my dealer is to be believed. Apparently (I read as "might be possible") that if you are able to contact Volvo on Call and prove that you are you (one reason for committing the Volvo on call PIN to memory (and of course not share with others), amongst other details) that they might be able to remotely open the car and get you underway as a one off.

I have to say I don't like this, and hope that if true they really put you over the coals with detailed checks. [Though might be interesting to see what data the car is actually sending back to Volvo].

EDIT: That all said I'll be damned if I can find a way to call "Volvo on Call" if not already in the car......????
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Boomer wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm EDIT: That all said I'll be damned if I can find a way to call "Volvo on Call" if not already in the car......????
You can do it from the app, can't you? I'm sure I saw phone numbers listed in the manual, too.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Actually, with the app, I guess it's not such a big deal. Will definitely be using the tag key occasionally, especially when I'm out cycling.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

AlexK wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm You can do it from the app, can't you? I'm sure I saw phone numbers listed in the manual, too.
In the UK, it's 0800 587 9848.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

AlexK wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm
AlexK wrote: ↑Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm You can do it from the app, can't you? I'm sure I saw phone numbers listed in the manual, too.
In the UK, it's 0800 587 9848.
Thanks Guys - couldn't find it in the app at all. And couldn't find the VoC pdf in my comprehensive (cough) filing system. One for contacts in the phone - just in case.

and for UK guys calling abroad

+44 20 860 39 848