Volvo Prepaid Servicing Offer -- A Good Deal?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Goldbern

Post by Goldbern »

I posted the following yesterday to the Volvo Owners Club Forum then discovered this forum dedicated to the XC40, so am reposting here. My thanks to KeithR56 for his reply on the VOCF forum and my apologies if you're seeing this for the second time.

Having previously owned Audi and VW cars, I'm considering a switch to a new XC40 B3P. Volvo is currently offering prepaid service plans at £699 for 3 years and £1149 for 5 years. I've seen elsewhere on the forum that opting for this kind of service plan was a no brainer, but these costs have gone up considerably since then. For those of you with experience of Volvo servicing on the XC40, is this still a good deal?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

There is a service booking page on Volvos website. It will give you a price for the service on PAYG basis. That should give you some idea of how good a deal it is. I think it probably will be beneficial as prices seem to have gone up lately. Our daughter bought her B4 in October 2020. The offer then was 5 years servicing for £500. That was a no-brainer.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Goldbern

Post by Goldbern »

Many thanks. It does look as though the current servicing plan offer is still good value for money compared with the PAYG option. The £500 deal for five years worth of servicing was incredible value. Real shame Volvo isn't still offering it at that price. Hey ho!
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

The cost of servicing will almost certainly increase over the next 5 years so any deal that is at, or below the current PAYG price will be good value. I purchased a 5 year plan from my local Volvo dealer when my car was 3 months old for £1,700 which is payable in 34 monthly instalments. I could have got a better deal at another dealership, but they’re 60 miles away.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Goldbern wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:05 am I posted the following yesterday to the Volvo Owners Club Forum then discovered this forum dedicated to the XC40, so am reposting here. My thanks to KeithR56 for his reply on the VOCF forum and my apologies if you're seeing this for the second time.

Having previously owned Audi and VW cars, I'm considering a switch to a new XC40 B3P. Volvo is currently offering prepaid service plans at £699 for 3 years and £1149 for 5 years. I've seen elsewhere on the forum that opting for this kind of service plan was a no brainer, but these costs have gone up considerably since then. For those of you with experience of Volvo servicing on the XC40, is this still a good deal?

Thanks in advance!

Gary
Even at those prices, it’s still definitely worth getting. I’ve a service plan on mine and it’s definitely worth it.

To give you an idea of costs, wife’s previous V40 2nd service, which we negotiated at a significant discount when we bought the car, should have been around £450 !!
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

The only real decision you’ve got to make is are you going to keep for more than 3 years - the service are annually and rotate minor / major etc, so year 4 will be an expensive one…
Goldbern

Post by Goldbern »

Thanks everyone. Although much pricier than it used to be, the service plan does still seem to be the sensible option. With UK inflation already running over 10% and expected to go even further, things are only going to get more and more expensive. Best to dial in the lower costs now, when you can.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I was lucky enough to be offered the Volvo plan at £99 REALLY easy decision!
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

In case anyone is still unsure our daughter has just booked her B4 for its second annual service. The basic quote without the service plan was £515. So yes it seems the plans are still good value despite the rise in cost.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

One thing to watch out for is to be sure you are being offered a Volvo service plan and NOT a dealer service plan. I have seen this across multiple marques over the years and some can be quite sneaky about it so always check

The former can be used at any Volvo dealer, the latter ties you to the dealer that sold it. Five years is a long time and if work forces you to move or something, having to travel halfway across the country to get your car services at the original dealer will be a pain
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde