XC40 becomes Volvo's most successful new model launch in UK ever

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
wakey

Post by wakey »

pjm007 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm No comparison Wakey. All others pale into insignificance.
👍🇸🇪 Can’t disagree with you there pmj 😎
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).

Marketry

Post by Marketry »

I take issue with the words "successful model launch"

Early sales might be impressive but the actual launch which invited prospects to a launch party to advise them that no product is available must rank as one of the worst and most unprofessional product launches ever.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Marketry wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm I take issue with the words "successful model launch"

Early sales might be impressive but the actual launch which invited prospects to a launch party to advise them that no product is available must rank as one of the worst and most unprofessional product launches ever.
Have to agree, my local dealer even went as far as removing all the discounts too as they had enough people willing to pay full whack!!
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Marketry wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm I take issue with the words "successful model launch"

Whilst I agree it's not been great for some people, the only reason seems to be because it has been so successful for so many people so early on...
You could argue that if the launch was less successful for Volvo, and less cars were sold early on, it would then be easier to get your hands on the new model now, making a less successful launch a more successful launch?
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Agreed. VCUK and their retail distribution network have shown themselves up dramatically throughout the whole launch process. Lack of education (of the dealers) and an overall lack of market awareness by VCUK has demonstrated that they have been unable to cope with demand and manage their customers’ expectations.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

The "we've run out of wheels and headlamp washers but still keep selling FE" was annoying to say the least.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:24 pm The "we've run out of wheels and headlamp washers but still keep selling FE" was annoying to say the least.
Touché :oops: :lol:
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!