XC40 Ambient Light /Interior Mood Lighting

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mr.Taibu

Post by Mr.Taibu »

Hi guys, after waited almost 8 months, I have finally picked up my car last Friday, XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate. The car is excellent, super comfortable to drive!! Loved every moment of it. However, I am trying to change the ambient light color, in the setting/control, I can only change the intensity. There is no where I can change the temperature or color etc. I am going to ring the dealer, but does anyone know if they cur this feature on MY23? Or I was looking at the wrong place?

Thanks
Tai

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Might be wrong but I seem to remember it was part of a pack or at least an option. Whichever, I wouldn't bother and you won't miss it as it is crap!

I do have it and have changed the colour but you can hardly see it. Very disappointing.

There are threads on how poor it is if you search.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Mr.Taibu

Post by Mr.Taibu »

Thanks Chris I just want to know if I am supposed to have it or not, but I did read that thread how poor the ambient light is haha. I will just give a call to dealer to find out :) thanks for your input
ChrisLF wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:32 pm Might be wrong but I seem to remember it was part of a pack or at least an option. Whichever, I wouldn't bother and you won't miss it as it is crap!

I do have it and have changed the colour but you can hardly see it. Very disappointing.

There are threads on how poor it is if you search.
goldy

Post by goldy »

I wouldn't bother. I've seen a brighter light from a fire fly's backside.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

My car, a MY22 late, is also equipped with lighting pack.
Ambience setting is there in settings/my car/interior.
Colour is easy to select from coloured dots in a row on bottom. My favourites are blue and magenta
However, some items in settings appear if ignition is on.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

goldy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:09 am I wouldn't bother. I've seen a brighter light from a fire fly's backside.
How true. My phrase is a glow worm in a jam jar. An absolutely useless feature. mood lighting should be renamed bad mood lighting.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I have to ask; what cabin illumination do you want when driving at night down unlit lanes?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

What about from the dashboard? Far brighter than any ambient lighting and directly in your line of vision.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

That's why they thoughtfully provide a small thumbwheel to adjust the brightness. And the centre display can be turned off completely.
For those who require bright cabin llummination I guess there are the reading lights?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.