Click sound for indicator lights just randomly stopped!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JMR

Post by JMR »

Hi,
Just a heads up. The click sound for the indicators suddenly stopped, as did the voice commands and sat nav audio. Radio worked fine.
Phoned the local Volvo dealership, who talked me through a "system reset", involving (1) pushing and holding in the middle of the volume control bezel , (2) same with the button at the bottom of the centre instrument display panel, and (3&4) locking then unlocking the car key fob when inside the car. It failed to do the trick at the time, and the car was booked in for the dealership to do "a more in-depth reset".
Day before it was due in to be fixed, I tried the "system reset" procedure again myself and it worked.
Anyone else come across this issue?
Dealership said that it sometimes happens when there is a remote system update?
R-Design T3 Auto FWD + Climate, Versatility, Power Seats & Park Assist. October 2020.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

JMR wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 pm Anyone else come across this issue?
Nope, but thanks for the tip. I wrote down the system reset procedure, never know when it might come handy.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Would you mean the infotainment button? for number 2.

I can see reaching with a hand to press both and use the other to handle the key fob
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

My "click" can sometimes develop a rhythm all of it's own
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Cornishman wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:30 pm My "click" can sometimes develop a rhythm all of it's own
That’s done on purpose, the change in rhythm is supposed to warn drivers who forget their indicators on. It happened also to me in various occasions when the car thinks I should turn my indicator off.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Bookmarked 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Interesting, thanks for the heads up 👍🏻
jmw

Post by jmw »

Hi. We lost all sounds (indicators, parking sensors, radio etc) on our recharge pro.

Cbv advised resetting the system by holding down the menu button below the centre display until the screen goes blank (after the ‘screen cleaning setting’ message). All sounds returned immediately.
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

I also noticed change in rhythm of click which to me does not work like a warning but annoys me.
Thought it results from some lack of system resources while multitasking…
Bigman68

Post by Bigman68 »

My indicators occasionally missed some clicks but didn’t effect indicator lights operation, put it into Volvo TMS Leicester. It came back fine but has developed the same fault again. Regards Brian.