A few questions on possible :- XC40 Plus B4 AWD mild hybrid

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

I think Jonkavanagh could be right - I am sure I remember reading story about a group of XC40 test mules that had a carburetor system that centrifugalised the hydrocarbons more to the left ventricular than right and in doing so halved the stratospheric discharge of the fuel injector, doubling its capacity - hence instead of 41-mpg you will get 82-mpg - but they thought it would not catch on so I heard they scrapped the idea - maybe one of those cars slipped through the net and ended up with Jonkavanagh ;)

KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

You were all correct about better fuel consumption on longer journeys. After day one of my trip to Scotland my fuel consumption has improved considerably. Might be something to do with blending single malt with the petrol up here.

Screenshot 2022-06-26 154200.png

MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

Oops. I should have edited the amount of fuel used as well. Not many people would believe I covered 776 miles in less than 2 hours. It's pretty fast, but not that fast.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

KeithR56 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:42 pm
You too can achieve an average of over 90mpg Sherwood. It’s quite simple; Find a nice long hill, then when the top reset your TM and coast all the way down. When reaching the bottom, pull up safely, take a photo of your TM and post it on here.
...I'm thinking of taking another route...

MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

goldy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm
Johnkavanagh wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:50 am Not sure what I’m doing different to everybody else. Also own an AWD B4P, but I easily average around 40mpg when driving in town.

The car will virtually double that on a really decent motorway run. I’ve just finished a nearly 600-mile drive from Inverness. Trip computer says 11 hours driving time (there’s an overnight in two there) and 82.5mpg. We started on a full tank, and just refilled about two miles from home…
Absolutely impossible.
I agree. I recently did a run down to the South of France. 850 miles of motorway, Eco mode, cruising at 105 kmh / 65 mph. 48.7 mpg.
XC40 B4 Inscription Pro
Onyx Black
Oxide Red Leather
Driver Assist Package
Versatility Pack
Power Boot
Tempa Spare Wheel
Smart Phone Intergration
Harman Kardon
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Beancounter wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:40 pm I agree. I recently did a run down to the South of France. 850 miles of motorway, Eco mode, cruising at 105 kmh / 65 mph. 48.7 mpg.

Central Loire Valley in 3 weeks. I'd be happy with that 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
FrankwH

Post by FrankwH »

Quite happy with this in comfort mode! 0n the return journey I tried it in ECO mode
slightly higher consumption ?? must have been due to the traffic on the M62 road works.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Hi, had my B4AWD for almost a year. Covered a total of 4084 miles, according to app. Ave mpg 40.3. Just back from a 365 mile trip from Ipswich to Newquay and return. Trip down 48 odd mpg, driving mainly around 60 with air con on sporadically. Return journey around 70, with aircon always on was 46 mpg odd.
I'm delighted with these figures.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

After reading all these accounts of excellent fuel consumption, I think I’m going to take my car in to be looked at. There must be a fault somewhere.

I’m on holiday in south west Scotland this week and have been covering around 150 miles per day, almost entirely on empty A roads, cruising at a steady 50mph with virtually no braking, or acceleration, no traffic, and no steep hills. The best I’ve returned this week is around 41mpg. I’ve also calculated the fuel used between fills (full to full) which works out at 39.8mpg. This is so much better than I get at home which is mostly short journeys, but apparently not what others achieve. And my XC40 is 2WD which surely should be more economical than AWD.

The dealer will probably put it down to driving style, but I’m very gentle with the right foot.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

KeithR56 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:15 am After reading all these accounts of excellent fuel consumption, I think I’m going to take my car in to be looked at. There must be a fault somewhere.

I’m on holiday in south west Scotland this week and have been covering around 150 miles per day, almost entirely on empty A roads, cruising at a steady 50mph with virtually no braking, or acceleration, no traffic, and no steep hills. The best I’ve returned this week is around 41mpg. I’ve also calculated the fuel used between fills (full to full) which works out at 39.8mpg. This is so much better than I get at home which is mostly short journeys, but apparently not what others achieve. And my XC40 is 2WD which surely should be more economical than AWD.

The dealer will probably put it down to driving style, but I’m very gentle with the right foot.
What exactly do you expect the dealer to do? Read a few tests and 40mpg average is what they are getting
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras