Carplay and MY23.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CDP

Post by CDP »

I am due to take delivery of a MY23 mild Hybrid at the end of this month. Volvo has published the user manual for this model and it implies that it has Carplay. However, everything else I can find suggests that CarPlay has not been released for the Google Automotive cars. Has anyone got a MY23 yet?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Apple CarPlay is not yet available for Android Automotive OS, you’ll receive it later as over-the-air update, but there’s no information when will that happen. Until then you’ll have to use your iPhone via Bluetooth connection and rely on the apps Google provides for the OS. Here’s an in-depth analysis that can help in setting expectations: https://www.androidheadlines.com/android-automotive
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Apple announced future CarPlay update with customizable content also on the instrument panel. Volvo and Polestar are listed among manufacturers that will support this new functionality. Makes me wonder how much integration will Google allow for the updated CarPlay and if iOS 16 launch in fall will finally bring CarPlay on Android Automotive.