Questions for owners

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Daft question but have you calibrated the TPMS?

390429F0-731B-4F4E-A37F-327613910C47.png

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Shaenei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:25 pm Daft question but have you calibrated the TPMS?

390429F0-731B-4F4E-A37F-327613910C47.png

Yes. But even after doing that successfully, and getting 4 green dots as feedback, the App still doesn’t reflect the status.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

The tyre pressure sounds like an app software issue if everyone is experiencing the same thing.

Next owner question, can you control Spotify with voice activation via the Volvo app?

Some ther forums are reporting issues from 2016 with a SIM card being slow with data - has this been a problem?
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

Boomer wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm
billdun wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:53 pm
One issue I have is that it does not seem to be pulling in the tyre status as the moment. [Question for dealer when I am next visiting]
Same here. Tried checking the tyre pressures and doing a recalibration but made no difference. I have a couple of other minor issues to check out then I will get along to the dealer for a chat. If I get the answer before you I will post it on here.
Bill
Likewise
Ditto :D
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

My five cents on the mood lighting. First impression matched a lot of yours, a bit weedy. But I've actually learnt to appreciate how suttle they are, they don't flood the cabin in your chosen colour, but they do reflect quite nicely of various surfaces in the dark, which I quite like!
It would of been nice if the light strips above the inlays would change aswell, rather than remain standard yellow.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

MrParkson wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm My five cents on the mood lighting. First impression matched a lot of yours, a bit weedy. But I've actually learnt to appreciate how suttle they are, they don't flood the cabin in your chosen colour, but they do reflect quite nicely of various surfaces in the dark, which I quite like!
It would of been nice if the light strips above the inlays would change aswell, rather than remain standard yellow.
I'm not impressed, would have preferred something a bit more dramatic like you see in Mercedes or BMW cars. I see barely any different unless it's pitch black outside. If I'd paid for this option I'd have been annoyed!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar
Tux R40

Post by Tux R40 »

Foxracer wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:27 pm
MrParkson wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm My five cents on the mood lighting. First impression matched a lot of yours, a bit weedy. But I've actually learnt to appreciate how suttle they are, they don't flood the cabin in your chosen colour, but they do reflect quite nicely of various surfaces in the dark, which I quite like!
I'm not impressed, would have preferred something a bit more dramatic like you see in Mercedes or BMW cars. I see barely any different unless it's pitch black outside. If I'd paid for this option I'd have been annoyed!
I agree with you Fox & MrP. Pretty sad IMO. I kept trying to figure out why the lights around the dash and/or footwells didn't change and I finally realized it's 1 crummy LED in like 3 or 4 places. Reminds me of a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
XC40 FE T5 R|20" wheels|Osmium Grey Metallic w/Black Stone|Pano Roof |Premium/Vision/Advanced Packages|3.17.18
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

Rifleman wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am Keep at it with the tailgate. When I first got my current car the tailgate foot swipe/kick worked about 30% of the time. 2yrs down the line and using a kick action rather than a swipe I know get approx 95% success on first kick.
I’ve no idea if it’s the car that has adapted to me or vice versa ;0)
I've been practicing the "kick, don't swipe" action for the last three days and I can only get it to work maybe every 25th time. I'm thinking the kick-to-open-the-hatch is less a feature than a challenge.
Tux R40

Post by Tux R40 »

Yosh wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 am
Rifleman wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am Keep at it with the tailgate. When I first got my current car the tailgate foot swipe/kick worked about 30% of the time. 2yrs down the line and using a kick action rather than a swipe I know get approx 95% success on first kick.
I’ve no idea if it’s the car that has adapted to me or vice versa ;0)
I've been practicing the "kick, don't swipe" action for the last three days and I can only get it to work maybe every 25th time. I'm thinking the kick-to-open-the-hatch is less a feature than a challenge.
My son tried it yesterday & he did a leg sweep. I said you’re not the karate kid. It’s definitely a leg kick.
XC40 FE T5 R|20" wheels|Osmium Grey Metallic w/Black Stone|Pano Roof |Premium/Vision/Advanced Packages|3.17.18
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Question about the rear heated seats. Do they switch off automatically or whenever you’ve stopped the engine? Reason I ask is that I can see my kids switching them on and if they don’t switch them off then being on throughout hit weather, etc.