Polestar Performance Software

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

New accessory now configurable on the VCUK website. £835.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/car-config ... nt?s=9QqZo
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks pjm, I was looking out for that. Though very light on underlying information as to what the £835 actually brings to the XC40. The polestar site currently has no further information.

"The Polestar Engineered Optimisation powertrain software allows you to enjoy a more precise and balanced driving experience. Together with Polestar's engineers, we have optimised important performance areas such as mid-range engine performance, gearshifts and throttle response. To get the most out of the Polestar Engineered Optimisation software, we strongly recommend you to add our optional drive mode selector."
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Yes - the Polestar website doesn’t even seem to refer to the XC40 at all yet.

Re. the “optional Drive Mode selector” comment, I presume we already have that. Didn’t think it was optional. Or is there another twist to come?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

pjm007 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 pm New accessory now configurable on the VCUK website. £835.

Pretty sure we have the necessary drive mode option required on the XC40 FE's which is a good start, however not much of an improvement in BHP for £835 of our good money.

The new XC60 T5 on this polestar site has power increase to about 260ish BHP and 295flbt, however I do believe they tweak the gearbox too, perhaps making it a tad more responsive??

Either way, think I'll let mine bed in a little and then maybe have a look at what is around at the time although at least with polestar it doesn't bugger your warranty.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Tux R40

Post by Tux R40 »

Telboy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm
pjm007 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 pm New accessory now configurable on the VCUK website. £835.

Pretty sure we have the necessary drive mode option required on the XC40 FE's which is a good start, however not much of an improvement in BHP for £835 of our good money.

The new XC60 T5 on this polestar site has power increase to about 260ish BHP and 295flbt, however I do believe they tweak the gearbox too, perhaps making it a tad more responsive??

Either way, think I'll let mine bed in a little and then maybe have a look at what is around at the time although at least with polestar it doesn't bugger your warranty.
I can't wait to add the torque bump and boost the midrange so everyday driving becomes even better on Dynamic. I'll be lucky to ever get 21mpg.
XC40 FE T5 R|20" wheels|Osmium Grey Metallic w/Black Stone|Pano Roof |Premium/Vision/Advanced Packages|3.17.18
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Tux R40 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 am

I can't wait to add the torque bump and boost the midrange so everyday driving becomes even better on Dynamic. I'll be lucky to ever get 21mpg.
True, mid range additional torque would be nice, I do believe the likes of race chip are offering north of 300bhp for this engine which would be even nicer :lol:
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

No racing in my XC. Way too much wallow. Still 300 BHP that would be fun.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Tux R40

Post by Tux R40 »

Telboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am

True, mid range additional torque would be nice, I do believe the likes of race chip are offering north of 300bhp for this engine which would be even nicer :lol:
The only thing holding me back from that is the warranty issues that could/would arise. Where can I find that tune....asking for a friend? :D
XC40 FE T5 R|20" wheels|Osmium Grey Metallic w/Black Stone|Pano Roof |Premium/Vision/Advanced Packages|3.17.18
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Tux R40 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 pm

The only thing holding me back from that is the warranty issues that could/would arise. Where can I find that tune....asking for a friend? :D
Same here, may hang on for a bit although if your friend :lol: wants to have a quick look, here's the link to the 2.0T5 engine upgrade for the S60/V60's giving 65bhp increase for £550 and a 2 year engine warranty, cough cough - not sure how good that'll be??

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/volvo/s ... 320nm.html

I've had most of my cars mapped with Race Chips upgrade boxes and to date not suffered (done 30k+ on one box alone without issues), however wouldn't want the XC40 to be the first to fail if you get my drift!

Pretty sure this engine can handle the increased power without any issue and also pretty sure the ZF gearbox will cope - just bedding in and enjoying the car for now - maybe our friends could try this out for us and report back 8-)
Tux R40

Post by Tux R40 »

Telboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Tux R40 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Same here, may hang on for a bit although if your friend :lol: wants to have a quick look, here's the link to the 2.0T5 engine upgrade for the S60/V60's giving 65bhp increase for £550 and a 2 year engine warranty, cough cough - not sure how good that'll be??

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/volvo/s ... 320nm.html

I've had most of my cars mapped with Race Chips upgrade boxes and to date not suffered (done 30k+ on one box alone without issues), however wouldn't want the XC40 to be the first to fail if you get my drift!

Pretty sure this engine can handle the increased power without any issue and also pretty sure the ZF gearbox will cope - just bedding in and enjoying the car for now - maybe our friends could try this out for us and report back 8-)
I’m gonna take a peak so I can help our friends :D make an informed decision.