New pricelist - the return of options! Bendy headlights deleted!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

MY23v4 pricelist is out.

Options are returning it seems. Driver Assist pack is now available on Core and Plus, 360 camera is available on Plus, and Climate Pack and Power Driver Seat is available on Core. Great for those who want these things without having mandatory sunroofs or 19" wheels. 8-)

However, Active Bending Pixel headlights and cornering fog lights on Ultimate trim have been deleted! No adaptive or bending headlights on the XC40 at all! :roll:

(I didn't check the C40/Pure Electric list, which may be different).
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Pixel LED headlights seam to be deleted everywhere in continental Europe (pure electric included) but in some markets fog lights are still present for Ultimate trim. Polestar seams to be in the same situation, Pixel LED is no longer available for Polestar 2. Unless Volvo just dropped the Pixel name and headlights do have active capabilities (Matrix LED), only a dealer or a drive test on MY23 can confirm.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Bendy pixel headlights have gone from the XC40 Ultimate electric but are still present on the C40 Ultimate electric. Curious
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

jamie307 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:52 am MY23v4 pricelist is out.

Options are returning it seems. Driver Assist pack is now available on Core and Plus, 360 camera is available on Plus, and Climate Pack and Power Driver Seat is available on Core. Great for those who want these things without having mandatory sunroofs or 19" wheels. 8-)

However, Active Bending Pixel headlights and cornering fog lights on Ultimate trim have been deleted! No adaptive or bending headlights on the XC40 at all! :roll:

(I didn't check the C40/Pure Electric list, which may be different).
Thanks for posting. Good to see some options back. Looks like I could build an acceptable car again. Over the 40k mark so get rogered on RFL
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:13 pm Bendy pixel headlights have gone from the XC40 Ultimate electric but are still present on the C40 Ultimate electric. Curious
So Volvo did not drop the Pixel LED name, now I see there’s a clear difference between LED headlights on C40 Plus and Pixel LED headlights on C40 Ultimate. Volvo just canceled the advanced headlights from the XC40 and Polestar line :cry:

8CA38490-CADD-4FB7-9F3C-FDB1EF38397A.jpeg

CE189CD6-C4B1-4DF5-9C34-4DD570820BDD.jpeg

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Watching this test I can only say it’s a shame Volvo canceled Pixel LED, these headlights were a huge step forward in night driving safety.

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Apparently they need 15 chips so maybe they will return to the xc40 when the chip shortage is over.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
JoseDB

Post by JoseDB »

I just got contacted by Care By Volvo today to say my XC40 Recharge Ultimate will no longer have Pixel Headlights fitted. They offered me a £50 voucher for buyagift dot com (none of the 'gifts' interest me!), no chance of a reduction in subscription cost apparently, so I sent him off to find out if they could at least credit my Plugsurfing account (which Volvo partner with as a preferred public charging provider) so I can use the credit for something useful to me.

I'm sympathetic that the factory just dictate this stuff, but Volvo UK need to make it right with their customers if you ordered back in Feb expecting a certain spec.
MY23 XC40 Recharge Ultimate Twin (On Order)
Crystal White
Charcoal Suede/Microtech interior
Tow Bar
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

In my experience CBV are not interested at all. Ours arrived with the wrong interior - basic cloth rather than the suede combo. Not a difficult issue to solve you would think but they were just not interested. Basically take or leave it. They know they will have another buyer in the wings. After much wrangling we settled on an extra 12 months warranty. Ours is outright purchase and likely to be kept for a long time. After living with the trim for a few months I have grown to really like the "basic" trim so all good in the end.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

It’s sad to hear that Volvo have dropped the bending headlights. My last two Volvos (2011 V60 and 2017 XC60) both had active bendy headlights with shadow technology, although Xenon, not LED. This was a great safety feature that I really miss on my current car. It meant I could have full beam on at all times on dark roads without dazzling any other road users.

When buying my current Volvo, the salesman said it had “active” headlights which I assumed meant included bending lights. It sadly doesn’t. My mistake, but it probably wouldn’t have been a deal breaker.

I’ve been driving Volvos since the early 1990s (always top spec), but I think this one will be my last. There’s a long list of components and features that have been cut recently due to cost savings (and in some cases part shortages) and the list prices are going up beyond my means. Volvo no longer appear to be customer focussed.

Even the option packs have been trimmed back. My XC40 has the Versitility pack. At the time of purchase I read on Volvo’s website the this included keyless entry, folding rear headrests, drawer under drivers seat, luggage net, and a waterproof key. After picking up the car I discovered that on MY22 cars the pack only includes keyless entry and the foot under bumper tailgate opener, all the other parts of the pack had been dropped. The foot under the bumper thing works sporadically. Sometimes I look like I’m doing the Hokey Cokey behind my car when trying to get it to work.

I used the on-line configurator last week to see what the equivalent of my MY22 would cost. I was unable to get the options and features to quite match mine, but even so, I was gobsmacked to see that the closest I could get would cost me £10k more. Less car for more money.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.