P-SIM not installed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mikeg1 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:38 pm
Andy40 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:56 pm
Mikeg1 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:47 am Due to a loathing for Vodaphone built up over years, the first thing I did was take their card out and put in the 3 one I got on a deal. The 🌐 came up and no "set up" required. I've still got the Voda one and an happy to post it to anyone FOC.
Hi Mike

Do you still have this ?
Can I take it from you mate ?

Keeping an eye open for the 3 card on offer, but this should keep me going til it comes on offer…
Sure. DM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. Easter gift πŸ‘πŸ»

It was put in the car by the dealer but AFAIK not activated by them. I certainly did nothing with it, other than remove it. It *should* work πŸ™πŸ»
Cheers mate - very generous of you, thanks

Sent you a message πŸ‘πŸ»

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Can't attach a pic in DMs, so replying here. Will post tomorrow. Hope it works 🀞🏻

PXL_20220410_142228476.MP.jpg

Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mikeg1 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:24 pm Can't attach a pic in DMs, so replying here. Will post tomorrow. Hope it works 🀞🏻
:D

Cheers mate, hopefully will arrive before weekend πŸ‘πŸ»

I’ll let you know…
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I struggled with setting up the supplied sim card for a few hours then gave up and tethered the car to my phone as a wifi hotspot. Works great and I keep the phone on the wireless charger. Apart from the occasional map update (of an extremely poor sat nav system) and live traffic info having the internet in the car doesn't really serve any purpose.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

PlymDave wrote: ↑Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:45 am I struggled with setting up the supplied sim card for a few hours then gave up and tethered the car to my phone as a wifi hotspot. Works great and I keep the phone on the wireless charger. Apart from the occasional map update (of an extremely poor sat nav system) and live traffic info having the internet in the car doesn't really serve any purpose.
You forgot to add β€œto me” at the end of your comment
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Was away last week, coming back the satnav and live traffic proved very useful informing me of 1 a massive queue at a roundabout ahead and an alternate route, and 2 a massive tailback on the M5 following a crash. I had the supplied Vodafone SIM working till it needed renewing which was very expensive, so now with the 3 24 month SIM, put it in, it worked, no fuss.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Andy40 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:31 pm
Mikeg1 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:24 pm Can't attach a pic in DMs, so replying here. Will post tomorrow. Hope it works 🀞🏻
:D

Cheers mate, hopefully will arrive before weekend πŸ‘πŸ»

I’ll let you know…
Just posted it 1st class 🀞🏻

Enjoy the run up from the Dark Side to the Even Darker Side πŸ˜‰
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Ford

Post by Ford »

Mine came with the Sim installed but not "activated". It took a visit to the Dealer to have Vodafone set up the 12 month trial. I use 3 on my phone but found Vodafone actually gave a better signal the other day when I was trying to do something that needed the web. With the car providing a wi-fi hotspot things went well. This is the opposite of what I had to do without an functioning sim when I ran the car off of a phone hot spot.
The dealer should get you sorted out. Good luck.
XC40 T5 Recharge, Onyx Black, Blond, Polestar, Climate, Drivers Assist, Versatility Pack, 360o Camera, Privacy Glass, DC-3 Dash Cam, Wireless Charge, Android Auto.
Ordered 21st Oct.2021
Delivered 25th March 2022