Still no date?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mogbat975

Post by Mogbat975 »

I ordered on the16th March. Paid a £500 deposit and as yet I have no date of build or delivery date. The sales rep stated as follows.

Still no UK orders have been accepted. Your order has been submitted but no orders other than the First Edition have been accepted by Volvo due to such a high demand on the vehicle.

"Your order is currently in a holding pool and hasn’t been committed to a build date, we have been re assured that Volvo are working on these.

We are all in the same boat which I appreciate doesn’t help all customers however this is something we have no control over meaning I have no date to give you as a guideline yet.

I suspect Volvo will inform all dealerships once these orders have been looked at and accepted."

I just find it hard to believe..

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

I'm in the same boat. Couldn't order an FE as was told they'd all gone. My R-Design order doesn't appear to have been accepted by the factory, and no indication has been given as to when (or if) this will happen.

After my initial enthusiasm, I'm now fully expecting to have to cancel (assuming the order doesn't get rejected), fight to get my deposit back, and go buy something else.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

I’m gutted now I have just read this.

I ordered mine on 12th March, R Design Pro - I emailed the dealer Friday and haven’t had a reply as of yet, think I’ll give them a call tomorrow.
My current car goes back on 26th June so was told I’d be looking at mid May for a delivery date.

It’s taken me ages to finally decide on what to get next, now if this is the case of having no idea when I actually might get my car doesn’t help especially if I have to order something else.
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock: