Which xc40 to get.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

In the end because I did NOT want the 20" wheels I have opted for the Inscription pro with a couple of packs as below. Also I wanted the comfort seats.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.

Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello Celtic.
You mention that you didn't want the sport seats but the comfort ones.
Are they the standard xc40 issue seating or something else as I thought the only seat option is in the R Design being the Sport seats.

Cheers
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello, just to tidy this post up I have ordered the following vehicle:
A XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic
with Convenience pack - Intellisafe surround pack - Keyless drive - 360D Surround camera system - Dark Tinted rear windows.
Delivery yet to be confirmed but expected to be Sep/Oct this year and as my existing lease runs out end of Nov that will be good.
They have confirmed that they will hold the price once factory confirmed.

Should anyone like to see what their car will look like Volvo have a Configurator here: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/car-config ... utomatic?s

It allows you to swop and change any of the options to test view your car.

Best
Last edited by Markxc40 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Quick question. When we placed the order on our xc40 inscription pro. We were told it would come with the black roof. However, when i am trying to configure my car to see what it looks like on the volvo site i am not given that option.
So does my car come with a black roof or has my dealer sold me a car that cannot be configured?
David56

Post by David56 »

As far as I know you only get the black roof with the R Design variants.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

So where do i stand now? The sales person thought they all came with the black roof unless you specced otherwise!!!!
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Dave Get and or put something in writing which states it will have a black roof.
I think if you try to configure the R-Design you get the black roof.

try it a let us know.

Here's Parkers Description:- Additional features for sporty-looking R-Design models (on top of Momentum equipment) includes:
◾Black Stone roof and door mirrors
◾Nubuck leather upholstery
◾Aluminium inlays
◾Sports chassis
◾18-inch five double-spoke alloy wheels
◾Perforated leather steering wheel and gearlever
◾Multicolour ambient lighting

Good luck
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Markxc40 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 pm Dave Get and or put something in writing which states it will have a black roof.

try it a let us know.

Here's Parkers Description:- Additional features for sporty-looking R-Design models (on top of Momentum equipment) includes:
◾Aluminium inlays
◾Sports chassis

Good luck
Hi Markxc40,

Thanks for your advice. Just emailed the salesperson we dealt with. Hopefully something can get sorted. As the wife really wanted the white with the black roof and we were not told otherwise when we ordered.
Otherwise, it would have been an r design pro ordered 😫

I’ll keep you posted.

David
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

cosmic_dave wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:35 pm Otherwise, it would have been an r design pro ordered 😫
Look on the bright side - at least you'll get your Inscription. R-Design orders currently get filed at the bottom of a large abyss... :roll:
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

cosmic_dave wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:35 pm
Markxc40 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 pm Dave Get and or put something in writing which states it will have a black roof.

try it a let us know.

◾Aluminium inlays
◾Sports chassis

Good luck
Hi Markxc40,

Thanks for your advice. Just emailed the salesperson we dealt with. Hopefully something can get sorted. As the wife really wanted the white with the black roof and we were not told otherwise when we ordered.
Otherwise, it would have been an r design pro ordered 😫

I’ll keep you posted.

David
My dealer told me that the extending seat cushions only come with the R-Design so that's what I ordered, I wasn't too fussed over the size of the wheels the car looks great with the 19s and the 20s. Well in the end I ordered a R-Design Pro and added a few options.
I was just reading through the specification booklet and it says the Inscription Pro also comes with extended seat bases! I'm not happy at all now, I'd have preferred full leather seating and I'd have like to have an electric tailgate which doesn't come with the R-Design.

Definitely disappointed considering the length of time I have to wait for the R-Design.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red