Fuel tank level

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

@Stable-Mabel. Agree, when the fuel gauge says low - time to fill up ;) , however lets also hope its a little accurate too :shock:

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Stable-Mabel wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:54 am I will prefix my story with ‘I really don’t care what the fuel gauge says as I will put in some more petrol when the light comes on’.

Today I got into the car with the fuel estimate readout saying 180 miles remaining, and the gauge reading a whisker under half a tank. I started driving, it was to be a longer journey than usual and after 20 minutes of steady driving on A roads between 50 and 60 mph the fuel estimate had increased to 220 miles.
The fuel ‘gauge’ had also now risen to significantly more than a whisker over the halfway indicator, when previously it was easily seen to be under.

Although I didn’t want to believe that this happens, I now think it does. Do I care about it - nope. I’ll still put more petrol in when the light comes on, and still enjoy driving what I think is a very nice car indeed.
Perhaps a future cost saving for Volvo……scrap the fuel gauge and just have a light………
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Chris John wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:33 am
Perhaps a future cost saving for Volvo……scrap the fuel gauge and just have a light………
Makes sense, you have a range to empty display, and a refill tank warning and light. Why do you need a dial? Just like they've done for oil.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Scrap the fuel gauge :o ....... surely following a full risk assessment ;)
goldy

Post by goldy »

Tee hee.
Well said Oldie.
Perhaps we should be grateful that we've got four wheels and an engine.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.