Speedometer - undocumented feature

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

When using ACC I have noticed that close to the speed indicating needle there is commonly a curved white line of variable length, or none at all. Having studied what it does, it seems to indicate the speed difference, from your adapted speed, of any vehicle within range in front. It also consequently shows the difference in set speed and the currently adapted speed but only when the gap to the vehicle in front is constant (same speed as your adapted speed).

What do other users think this is? I have searched the manual and can find no reference to it

Any views welcome. Thank you.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.

Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Screenshot_20220206-103330_Chrome.jpg

It's in the manual. It shows the speed of the vehicle in front.

From my own experience, it updates constantly when ACC/pilot assist is in use - not just when you're both at a constant speed/distance.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Thank you Rockford. I searched for this several times in the manual but failed to find it Your reply shows the heading "Speed". I have searched on this and still failed to find the information. Thank you for your help.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Page 297 of 2021 manual.

Capture.JPG

B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21