Volvo launches free puncture and windscreen chip repair service for every Volvo driver

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

"Owners can take their car to any UK Volvo retailer, where the damage will be checked to determine whether a repair is safe and possible. In most instances, a repair can be made on the spot, while the customer waits, with no charge. If the damage is not repairable, the retailer will advise the customer and, if they wish."

Press release: https://www.media.volvocars.com/uk/en-g ... vocars.com

Details: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mainte ... ee-repairs
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Good news for us all.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

ACertainAge wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:42 am Good news for us all.
Indeed, although it does exclude a large portion of the windscreen...
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Isn't that because there are areas of the windscreen where a chip repair isn't legally allowed and the windscreen has to be replaced?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes, but I've had chip repairs in the area Volvo say they won't. It is a very large area! Indeed it probably wouldn't be inaccurate describe the area as the Windscreen!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
bigboots

Post by bigboots »

Went in with mine as for a chip in screen, couldn’t do it whilst I wait but booked in for next Wednesday (fingers crossed the chip doesn’t crack between now and then)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Waste of time!

I had two stones hit my windscreen when using the M6 (I hate that motorway!) last week causing minor chips, albeit 2 at one impact and 3 at the other, with the latter being at high level and to the right (UK car).

I remembered getting an email about the free repairs so booked into the dealer I bought my car from and have it serviced who isn't my nearest dealer. Went today and was told after half an hour that the chips were too shallow to fill and that they had been polished and coated with resin! I said that I thought they were ground out before filling but obviously the receptionist didn't know anything so I walked out disappointed. Looking from the inside they are just as noticeable as before.

I've had stone chips repaired years ago which were about the same so have started looking for someone else. Have found Glas-Weld, any views on them or suggest any others?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

ChrisLF wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 pm Waste of time!

I had two stones hit my windscreen when using the M6 (I hate that motorway!) last week causing minor chips, albeit 2 at one impact and 3 at the other, with the latter being at high level and to the right (UK car).

I remembered getting an email about the free repairs so booked into the dealer I bought my car from and have it serviced who isn't my nearest dealer. Went today and was told after half an hour that the chips were too shallow to fill and that they had been polished and coated with resin! I said that I thought they were ground out before filling but obviously the receptionist didn't know anything so I walked out disappointed. Looking from the inside they are just as noticeable as before.

I've had stone chips repaired years ago which were about the same so have started looking for someone else. Have found Glas-Weld, any views on them or suggest any others?
Might be worth popping along to Autoglass, sometimes it’s free repair, sometimes a£10, but worth asking if it can be repaired??
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Thanks but I see mixed reviews for them. But I suppose that's true of all of them to some extent.

I'm also thinking it's best to stay clear of windscreen replacement companies as they may steer you down that route.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

After the mess Autoglass made repairing a chip on my last cars windscreen I wouldn't bother again. I'll just wait until I need a new windscreen.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.