Wrong Interior!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
goldy

Post by goldy »

Oldie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:42 pm Would like to think they will stick at the original price if you re-order, after all they have not supplied the car you ordered yet - but don't count on it - not when you were offered "free mud-flaps" by way of compensation for this c**k-up :shock:
I can vouch for that🤬
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Quick update. Looking a bit more promising. CbV have obtained a quote for the dealer to replace the seats with the correct ones from the factory. Not at liberty to tell me how much that is. Now waiting for senior management to hopefully sign off on it. 🤞🤞
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm Quick update. Looking a bit more promising. CbV have obtained a quote for the dealer to replace the seats with the correct ones from the factory. Not at liberty to tell me how much that is. Now waiting for senior management to hopefully sign off on it. 🤞🤞
Good luck! I've been waiting more than 5 weeks to hear when Volvo will replace a bit of the leather front driver's seat that was ripped when I picked it up.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

So after almost 4 weeks and much chasing on my part CbV have finally decided that they are NOT going to change the seats. They claim there would be warranty issues and could not guarantee the quality of the finish. What utter twaddle. Dont buy that argument for one moment. This implies that either their parts or their dealer workshops are not up to standard. Current offer is a reduced rate short subscription until a new 23MY version is delivered. Figures to be available later this week. Will see what the figures are but it does mean no Denim Blue paint. Another option would be to take as is with some other form of compensation - perhaps extended warranty. I think we need to go and have another look at the seats if this is offered. Final option is to walk away and go elsewhere. Not much else available at the moment.
Tomduck

Post by Tomduck »

Well having seen Fjord blue in the flesh on the C40 today that might be worth considering. Changes shade depending on lighting significantly so it’s not a dull colour by any means.
Newbie about to order an XC40 B3P or B4PAWD in Fjord blue. Will be my first Volvo after many years of Audi and BMW which I’m now bored with…
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Although I like the Denim Blue, I would have preferred Fjord Blue if it had been available last June. But the way CbV is treating you is outrageous, if not surprising. You should get a lot more than an extended warranty. If I were you, I would look to make complaint with an ombudsman, but since you are buying outright like me, it is much more complicated. If you want to go down an external complaint route, happy to share my experience off-forum.

Ironic that I actually was thinking about changing my order from leather to fabric, but didn't want to change until I could see it in person. But neither the dealer nor CbV could make that happen, even with repeated requests. When I went to pick up my car in December I saw what I think was the fabric, and it looked quite nice.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Just to put this one to bed, we have reached a solution! It was never that the fabric seats were not good. It was that they were not what I wanted/ordered. In fact having now collected the car I know I will be happy with them. Very comfortable and should be hard wearing. We have finally agreed on an extended warranty as compensation (and small financial contribution). The car looks amazing in Denim Blue (just my opinion of course) and the 80 mile drive back from the dealer was completed with a huge smile on my face. It really is a joy to drive. Didn't need to touch the brakes at all thanks to the one pedal driving function. No nasty brake dust on those shiny alloys! So in summary not the ideal solution but certainly an acceptable one and I am very happy with the car. Ultimately thats what matters.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Great outcome 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

If you are really happy with the car, sounds like an ideal solution to me - am envious of no brake dust on the wheels - its a pain in the butt trying to keep em free of the retched stuff, especially the rears.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

My problem is more mud than dust! Rural Wales all the farmers keep trying to turn the roads into fields. :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21