Wrong Interior!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Are you sure the car is otherwise the "Correct Spec"?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 am Are you sure the car is otherwise the "Correct Spec"?
I am assured everything else is there but have not got as far as actually checking it myself. Will certainly be checking if we do decide to take it as is.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Bocca70 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:43 am Personally, every time I got into the car, I would be annoyed and regret accepting it. However, it is a compromise since the car colour is also an issue and I could live with core seats much more easily than with sage green. Denim wins hands down.
Completely agree. Sage green is not an option. I could probably live with the seats much more easily than the green paint. There also appears to be one in Thunder grey with microtec seats but its Plus trim rather than Pro and I really want the added features.
Microtec is a £925 option on Core and Plus models so that ought to be at the very least the starting point for compensation
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

When referring to colour, didn't mean accepting sage green :( - meant re-ordering and waiting for the right spec, after all when you keep your cars 16yrs + what is 8-months - there are other blue's and fab reds, also great greys etc - as its been said, you may regret accepting it every time you sit in it?
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I've been motoring for 52 yrs. I've never had a car for 16yrs+.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Oldie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:12 am When referring to colour, didn't mean accepting sage green :( - meant re-ordering and waiting for the right spec, after all when you keep your cars 16yrs + what is 8-months - there are other blue's and fab reds, also great greys etc - as its been said, you may regret accepting it every time you sit in it?
Completely understand. Denim blue now NLA for MY23 as is Fusion red unless you want a C40. Thunder grey or Fjord blue would be possible. Price has gone up but perhaps they would honour the original price. No phone call as yet
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

If you can survive the wait I'd push for the highest spec car you can get as a replacement and apology for their screw up. At the original agreed price of course.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 3629

Would like to think they will stick at the original price if you re-order, after all they have not supplied the car you ordered yet - but don't count on it - not when you were offered "free mud-flaps" by way of compensation for this c**k-up :shock:
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Oldie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:42 pm Would like to think they will stick at the original price if you re-order, after all they have not supplied the car you ordered yet - but don't count on it - not when you were offered "free mud-flaps" by way of compensation for this c**k-up :shock:
Indeed. My experience with Volvo to date suggests that they have no interest at all in doing right by their customers.
Deleted User 3629

Volvo seem to have forgotten where they were just a few years ago, and who saved them - some would say Geeley, while others would argue the customer. This years Auto Express's Driver Power Survey maybe an interesting read later this year???