XC40 Recharge with Ohme Home Pro

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
KevMiller75

Post by KevMiller75 »

Hi All
Does anyone know if Volvo are planning to allow connection of the Ohme Home Pro Charger. I read that they need to release an API that will allow connection. Any experts can shed any light?
Thanks

Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I already have an Ohme Home Pro and it already connects fine and integrates to the on-call app with my XC60 hybrid.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
trignflo

Post by trignflo »

Kev, I have a smart charger (Zappi v2) and with the 1.8 software (or it might have been with 1.7) I can schedule the charge from the car or via the on-call App now, previously this had to be all done from the charger to take account of Octopus Go cheap overnight rates (5p a KWh and can usually get just over 25KW into the car in this period). Have not had any issues in the 7 months I've had the recharge connecting to my home charger. I'm not aware of any issues with the Ohme charger not being compatible as I was considering this charger when I got my car but went for Zappi due to Solar on the house.

TnF
StevieP2

Post by StevieP2 »

had my XC40 for 2 months now, in that time it managed to connect to the the charger once, I contacted ohme and got this response

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Ohme recognising the battery status.

We have recently become aware that there is an issue affecting Volvo API functionalities. Our Product team is currently investigating this issue and will look to resolve this as soon as possible.

As an Ohme Labs feature, communication directly through your vehicle (via API) is still in development. As a result, it may not work as intended from time to time.

For the moment you would need to adjust your charge schedule slightly to 'add' a certain amount of charge rather than meeting a 'target'. There is more information about how to charge without API support in our support article below:

How do I choose the right schedule for my car?

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
2024 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
StevieP2

Post by StevieP2 »

Is anyone else having this problem
2024 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
mugmes

Post by mugmes »

Same car and charger as you and it connects fine. Occasionally it might lose the connection after a couple of weeks, but just add the car back on by going through the “Switch car” menu.
smcnamara

Post by smcnamara »

StevieP2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:42 am Is anyone else having this problem
Yes, I'm using the API in Home Assistant. Via Home Assistant and the Volvo API website, I have issues polling my car for data. The test car works, and I can poll for my VIN, but any requests using that VIN fail.

See my posts (as "zaxxon") here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/v ... 585699/208

Others are experiencing the same issue.

I've e–mailed Volvo at their API developer address, have heard nothing back yet.

Sean