Remote start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
COOL76Ride

Post by COOL76Ride »

Hi
Have driven the car for ten months, but only recently started to use the remote start.
Car would not start on remote, error message stating engine error.
Had a chat with volvo dealer, who advised the car might not be used enough. Having informed them i drove to Weymouth and back, they blamed the fact that I used heated seats , radio, climate heatinng.
Now booked in for battery check. I realise I am new to the xc40. Anybody else had the same problem.

Xc40 inscription pro B4.

gripross

Post by gripross »

i use mine regulary for work which is only a 3 mile journey and use the remote start as im going for a shower at end of shift and car is defrosted and heated seats on etc ready for when i clock off shift. Never had any issues and this is my 3rd XC40 with which i use the remote start. Sounds like they are trying to just put you off rather than carry out a proper investigation as to what the problem is,,,,,just a thought...have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? If so surely it needs a proper investigation and sorting. I work shift and having this facility on the car was a big part of me sticking with the XC40 when i changed cars and so if it wasnt working correctly i would be expecting Volvo to sort my issues as a matter of importance.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

gripross wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm i use mine regulary for work which is only a 3 mile journey and use the remote start as im going for a shower at end of shift and car is defrosted and heated seats on etc ready for when i clock off shift. Never had any issues and this is my 3rd XC40 with which i use the remote start. Sounds like they are trying to just put you off rather than carry out a proper investigation as to what the problem is,,,,,just a thought...have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? If so surely it needs a proper investigation and sorting. I work shift and having this facility on the car was a big part of me sticking with the XC40 when i changed cars and so if it wasnt working correctly i would be expecting Volvo to sort my issues as a matter of importance.
I get a bit of niggle with mine as it often takes 2 attempts to start on the app. It has never NOT started so things are not too bad .. in fact I was very impressed a couple of days ago when I started the car from about 300m away. I thought the connection with the car was via Wifi through my router at home so don't fully understand the 'long distance' one. :o :o
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

SteveM wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm I get a bit of niggle with mine as it often takes 2 attempts to start on the app. It has never NOT started so things are not too bad .. in fact I was very impressed a couple of days ago when I started the car from about 300m away. I thought the connection with the car was via Wifi through my router at home so don't fully understand the 'long distance' one. :o :o
Remote start uses also the factory embedded SIM to communicate with Volvo Cars app, so you can start the car not matter how far it might be from you.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

COOL76Ride wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 pm Hi
Have driven the car for ten months, but only recently started to use the remote start.
Car would not start on remote, error message stating engine error.
Had a chat with volvo dealer, who advised the car might not be used enough. Having informed them i drove to Weymouth and back, they blamed the fact that I used heated seats , radio, climate heatinng.
Now booked in for battery check. I realise I am new to the xc40. Anybody else had the same problem.
Had the same problem due to faulty support battery that created several malfunctions even when the main battery was charged. Read this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2535&p=22875#p22434
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Used mine recently, it said started, but when I went out to the car it wasn't running - app still said it was until I hit Stop. Basically the Volvo back end server seems a bit flaky when communicating with the car.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
gripross

Post by gripross »

SteveM wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm
gripross wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm i use mine regulary for work which is only a 3 mile journey and use the remote start as im going for a shower at end of shift and car is defrosted and heated seats on etc ready for when i clock off shift. Never had any issues and this is my 3rd XC40 with which i use the remote start. Sounds like they are trying to just put you off rather than carry out a proper investigation as to what the problem is,,,,,just a thought...have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? If so surely it needs a proper investigation and sorting. I work shift and having this facility on the car was a big part of me sticking with the XC40 when i changed cars and so if it wasnt working correctly i would be expecting Volvo to sort my issues as a matter of importance.
I get a bit of niggle with mine as it often takes 2 attempts to start on the app. It has never NOT started so things are not too bad .. in fact I was very impressed a couple of days ago when I started the car from about 300m away. I thought the connection with the car was via Wifi through my router at home so don't fully understand the 'long distance' one. :o :o
Yes i have to agree...since getting my new car the app has once or twice taken 2 attempts to start...thought this was just me as also have a new phone but maybe there is a glitch...previous car (2019) was bulletproof with the remote start
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Mine often fails first time with an error but always starts on second attempt. I'm running the app on Android 12.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:31 pm Mine often fails first time with an error but always starts on second attempt. I'm running the app on Android 12.
Exact same here in all respects.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
gripross

Post by gripross »

mine is on IOS