Under bonnet insulation.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Hey, I can't even key "shoe" right.

I'd fit right in on the Ghent line 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's probably the Belgians getting us back for Brexit
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I'll land at Zeebrugge with my new plates 😂

Screenshot_20211231-170828.png

Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Leodis

Post by Leodis »

I asked the dealer who didn't have an answer and so emailed Volvo UK support but await their response.
MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.
Moss

Post by Moss »

JFDIT wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 pm It's probably the Belgians getting us back for Brexit
I assure you it’s not. I can only hope Brexit is not a problem, but if it is, it’s not ours.
By the way, it’s not the Belgians who decide which Volvo parts are specified or not : the Volvo Cars Ghent plant does what Volvo Car Group in Sweden (owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding of China) tells it to do, and it does it well.

And @ Mikeg1 : if and when you land at Zeebrugge with or without your new plates, you’ll always be welcome.

Greetings to all from a half Belgian French Frog.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@Moss, apologies, no offence intended. Are you suggesting it's a Chinese conspiracy then? 😉
Lincolnshire England.
Moss

Post by Moss »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:45 pm @Moss, apologies, no offence intended. Are you suggesting it's a Chinese conspiracy then? 😉
Actually, the so called under bonnet insulation is a Chinese anti-nuclear device. Those who’s car has it are OK. Those who’s car doesn’t have it are doomed.

Nah, from what I’m told it’s quite at random indeed : sometimes the under bonnet pads are available, sometimes they’re not but that doesn’t keep Volvo from delivering the cars. I think the original idea was to put the pads on the diesel versions only. Anyway, having the under bonnet insulation doesn’t make much (if any) of a difference, really.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Mine has the Anti Nuclear device fitted. Clearly they want to look after their Subscription customers.
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

When a new car is designed it is designed (and costed) right down to the last washer - so a part from the cars original design and function would not just be randomly fitted - that simply does not happen in today's car factories - every item of the build is bar-coded and nothing is missed off unless it is intentional - and the fact that it seems to have nothing to do with recent problematic supply issues, must be down to how an individual car is specified by the dealer - and therefore this part must be and optional item able to be deleted off the build by the specifier/ dealer to reduce costs??
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Moss wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:28 am .....@ Mikeg1 : if and when you land at Zeebrugge with or without your new plates, you’ll always be welcome.

Greetings to all from a half Belgian French Frog.
Greetings back at ya. I was jesting earlier of course. Coming from West Yorks, P&O's Hull >> Zeebrugge worked brilliantly for us for eastern France and northern Italy. There in 90 mins, cabin acted as the o/n, crack on after a good breakfast. And on the way back, Bruges itself was lovely for a wander if time permitted.

That said, we now have a dog, so it'll be the tunnel from now on. The longer crossings aren't feasible for us now.

Ever the optimists, we've got a property booked in the central Loire Valley for July 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Mike. West Yorks.