Under bonnet insulation.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Harryjones05

Post by Harryjones05 »

I have to say that is very poor from Volvo... My father has had his XC40 T4 AWD since March 29th 2018 and all in all its been pretty good... It does have the bonnet insulation and I'd expect it to, as it was a 6 month old ex-demo when we got it... Other than the poor quality boot handle which we had replaced under warranty and the wet sunroof net(which I hope I've rectified) it has been a great car really...

I'd certainly be pushing for bonnet insulation installed if I didn't have it, it has a few purposes, and not installing it is purely a cost and money saving exercise, that's not good!!

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Skip to 4 minutes in. Interesting but doesn’t explain how some have it and others don’t.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Leodis

Post by Leodis »

I heard back from Volvo UK with the below

"I have reached out to our product team regarding the under-bonnet bonnet insulation for XC40s.

They have advised the under bonnet insulation was removed at a certain chassis breakpoint, so whether the cars have this will depend on when the cars were produced.

They have also confirmed that the cars without the under-bonnet insulation are not misbuilt and that it is correct that they no longer have them fitted.

I hope this helps, and if you do have any other queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact."
MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.
Leodis

Post by Leodis »

goldy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:15 pm
goldy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:47 pm
goldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:36 pm Thanks all for your feedback. I'll be onto my dealer now I've some facts and a couple of photos. A car at that cost with a piece missing is a bit naff.
Surprise surprise, dealer said car doesn't have one from the factory. Obviously no explanation as to why some 40's have and some have not. However they did tell me I could buy one at THREE HUNDRED and THIRTY TWO POUNDS, yes that's right £332 bleeding English pounds.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :evil: :twisted:
Done my best but I think I can now safely say Volvo have cleared me off.
Same guy replied to me, yet Marshalls in Leeds checked a new recharge and it had one fitted...
MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.
goldy

Post by goldy »

Leodis wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm
goldy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:15 pm
goldy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Surprise surprise, dealer said car doesn't have one from the factory. Obviously no explanation as to why some 40's have and some have not. However they did tell me I could buy one at THREE HUNDRED and THIRTY TWO POUNDS, yes that's right £332 bleeding English pounds.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :evil: :twisted:
Done my best but I think I can now safely say Volvo have cleared me off.
Same guy replied to me, yet Marshalls in Leeds checked a new recharge and it had one fitted...
Got exactly word for word the same reply as you.
Something fishy going on here.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It's pretty easy for us to monitor the situation over the coming months to see if what Volvo say is true.
Suggest those that have been in contact with Volvo advise them we are watching....
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Had pretty much the same response from Volvo, I was going to let it go but have now worded a stronger reply to them mentioning cost cutting ,removing items from specifications at model year changes , and with this issue, removing an item during a model year run. We will see what happens.
I believe that the insulation was removed during the model year 22 production and if it was not needed technically did they reduce the vehicle by the appropriate price , me thinks not.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

My dealer yesterday:

"I am certainly looking into the bonnet pad for you I have heard this before but I will let you know as soon as I get an answer"

Seems other customers have queried it too.

If Volvo have a "from date" *enhancement* (code for cost cutting) well, so be it.

But it does seem odd that members are reporting dealers are saying they've checked current stock, inc PHEVs, in their showrooms, with pads fitted.

🤔
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Frankly, it simply looks to me what would happen with a non-critical, non-specifiable part when JIT becomes JNIT.

Do you hold up production in that case waiting for delivery, or just keep the line rolling?

I suspect it happens from time-to-time under more normal circumstances, but given the supply chain issues at the moment it is likely to be more prevalent.

Patently a manufacture could 'chase' a car with the part after delivery, but if there are supply issues, it's more efficient to use parts on the (upcoming) line.

Whatever, as up-thread, my MY22 has it, so I'm happy. ;-)
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I wonder what other items not specified on the sales brochure and that aren't a legal requirement we can look forward to the random disappearance of? Sun visors perhaps?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel