Under bonnet insulation.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
COOL76Ride

Post by COOL76Ride »

Greetings
I have the Anti-Nuclear fitted. Car is ten months old. This is my first reply. The site made me smile. Great rivalry. Look’s like I will fit right in, ex military.

goldy

Post by goldy »

It would be nice if the owners without the pad could drop a line to Volvo UK and ask for at the least an explanation on the situation.
I've taken up the fight but the more voices the better. Thanks.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Greeting back COOL76Ride - often enjoy the rivalry too - no offence ever intended - just disagreeing sometimes seems to annoy some ;)
Deleted User 3629

@goldy - as stated in a previous post - this has to be an item that can be deleted before the build - so it must be who ever issues the order to the factory has deleted it - and surely that can only be to reduce cost/ improve profit margin??
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Oldie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 am @goldy - as stated in a previous post - this has to be an item that can be deleted before the build - so it must be who ever issues the order to the factory has deleted it - and surely that can only be to reduce cost/ improve profit margin??
This wouldn't be something that dealers could specify. They are only in charge of specifying consumer options as set out in the brochures - Volvo wouldn't let then loose on the full factory component list!

It must be that this was deemed necessary/desirable for certain specs and not for others. Whether that was reducing noise from the noisier engines, or insulating the wiring loom of some optional equipment, or reducing the freezing risk of some engine-bay liquid in cars destined for cold countries etc.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

duplicate post removed
Last edited by jamie307 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deleted User 3629

You maybe right, you also maybe surprised what the dealer can and can't do - feel we can be assured the item is deleted before it reaches the factory - and it's too random across the range to be deemed "necessary/ desirable for certain specs and not others" - it must be an item that can be deleted for cost reasons - can't see any other credible reason??
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

duplicate post removed
goldy

Post by goldy »

goldy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:47 pm
goldy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:36 pm Thanks all for your feedback. I'll be onto my dealer now I've some facts and a couple of photos. A car at that cost with a piece missing is a bit naff.
Surprise surprise, dealer said car doesn't have one from the factory. Obviously no explanation as to why some 40's have and some have not. However they did tell me I could buy one at THREE HUNDRED and THIRTY TWO POUNDS, yes that's right £332 bleeding English pounds.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :evil: :twisted:
Done my best but I think I can now safely say Volvo have cleared me off.

Screenshot_20220118_135741_com.android.email.jpg

Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I suspect I'll get the same. I wish now I'd gone in earlier last yr. R Design badges gone, sporty exhausts gone, now noise insulation. I've sprung for the Volvo OEM badge but the car's on PCH so would be struggling to get the boss to agree big £££'s on something I guarantee she'll see no value in whatsoever.

There is one on eBay s/h at £134 and 1 new in Lithuania at £194.

🤔
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21