Remote start heated steering wheel issue.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Hi, Having a strange problem with my cars remote start on very cold mornings.
Normally I remote start and as well as the engine running, seats, steering wheel and screens warm/defrost as needed as they are set on auto start, I belive below 10 oc. However when the ambient temp is around 1oc or below everything works apart from the steering wheel heat. The 3 orange lights are on & the "A" symbol is illuminated for both the seats and steering wheel but no heat from the steering wheel. I drove around 10 miles this morning. I had to turn the seat heat off before my bum burnt but nothing out of the steering wheel. I turned the steering wheel Auto heat off, then back on to 3 orange bars and it works.
As I write I’ve just had this a few times on very cold mornings, Has anyone else had a similar problem? It’s as if current is being used by other systems. I might be well of the mark with that remark?? My dealers happy to look at it but I know it will work ok if I take it there during the day.

Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

I get similar issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Same thing with the passenger heated seat, seems it doesn’t like to work from the remote start option but will if operated manually.
My dealer thinks it needs ‘a software update’. I assume that’s code for - they don’t have a clue 🙄
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Just an update if anyone is interested.
I phoned the dealers yesterday. They were fantastic.
Took my XC40 in that afternoon. I was happy as the fault happened on this trip (no auto steering wheel heat from remote start, it was 4 oC at the time, the 3 orange bars where illuminated)
I rang the service desk from their carpark as I didn't want to turn the car off with the fault happening. The Master Tech came out to me after a few moments, he went away and hooked up to my car via Wifi and did some diagnostics, 5 mins later he was out again with news that It did show up something about voltage issues? He recommend a software update as the car hasn’t been in the dealers since its last service March 2021.
All’s working this cold morning. So hopefully resolved.
I'm well impressed with Rybrooks Preston.
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

@Mark123, thanks for the update, I had exactly the same problem yesterday evening at minus 1 degrees. I will be off to the dealer shortly!

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021