XC40 vs XC60

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@Rockford, thanks for the info. If I can charge the battery as I'm driving to maintain power then it sounds more attractive. I'm unlikely to plug it in much, if ever, and I'd not be happy losing the additional power the electric motor provides.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The T4 has 127hp, the T5 has 178hp. It's not the three cylinder engine that's the problem, it's the state of tune of the T4. Our T5 Recharge storms up hills without any fuss or noise.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
typolee

Post by typolee »

Yeah my T4 sounds like a Vespa 🤣 could walk up hills quicker 😔
typolee

Post by typolee »

Sillily I expected the battery to work with the engine to power up hills (it does in power mode but not in hybrid mode)
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Think we need a nice V6 or V8 version! Or maybe even an inline 5 cylinder 😁
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Raymondo111

Post by Raymondo111 »

ChrisLF wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:47 pm This all reminds me of the frustration I had when I moved from VAG having owned many VW and Audi cars and a Skoda Yeti. I had intended staying with them but couldn't have the spec that I wanted and being forced to have things I didn't want.

Fortunately Volvo came to the rescue and I got pretty much exactly what I wanted at an acceptable price. It appears though now that my saviour is now going down the same route and costing more and if I was buying now it probably wouldn't be an XC40 and if not what? That's the problem.

On the Skoda forum we were complaining about the limited choice compared with other markets and evidently it was down to Skoda UK who knew better than its customers.

So, I shall be buying the XC40 at the end of the PCP in about 18 months time and continuing to enjoy it as the car I really wanted instead of as a make do along with the TT.
Hi ChrisLF,
I thought I recognised you through your signature as a member of Briskoda from a few years ago, I tried desperately to get a Karoq Edition back in 2018 but was badly let down hence the move to Volvo and I ended up with a XC60 T5 which I leased for 2 years and then on to a XC40 Inscription B4 which I have had on lease for just over a year, I went for Volvo for the included spec that you seem to have to pay a fortune for on most of the other brands, however, changes to specs and continuing price rises and subsequent lease costs may mean a change of strategy for me.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Hi - yes, was indeed me. Was considering a Karoq as well but the problems with the 1.5 petrol engine put me off. Looked at the 2.0 and the Tiguan but was being forced to have AWD and a sunroof, which I didn't want, to get the spec. that I did want.

VAG did me a favour though as the XC40 is exactly what I wanted, at an acceptable price and is a lovely car. As I said though, with price increases and changes to specifications and options I'm not inclined to get another one though.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Typolee - the engine and electric motor do work in parallel in Hybrid mode, when they are called to do so.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
typolee

Post by typolee »

Greggspies wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:15 pm Typolee - the engine and electric motor do work in parallel in Hybrid mode, when they are called to do so.
I was led to believe only when you use kickdown in hybrid mode do they work together? In power mode they work together all the time? So in hybrid mode for example once you go past the electric portion in the rev counter the engine kicks in working on its own hence it’s very slow up hills as it’s only a little 1.5 litre doing the work. And it sounds like it’s revving it’s nuts off
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

A 1.5L with 127 BHP SUV struggles to get up hills. Wow who’d have thought eh :roll:
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras