Wifi Issues

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RichPWRR

Post by RichPWRR »

I have only had my XC40 Twin Pro for a week and have figured most things out except wifi connectivity. When i am parked at home, the wifi does not pick up my network (even though the car is about 10 ft from the router) and does not pick up any of my neighbours either. It does however pick up networks when i am out and about so I know it is working.

I had read on another thread that it may have something to do with the router and the SSID. It recommended getting an access point so it has its own dedicated SSID so I tried this too. It is still not picking up my wifi even with the new SSID. I would be grateful for any hints on how everyone got the car to recognise their network.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I found it wouldn't pick up my main home WiFi network but it would pick up the guest network which must have slightly different settings. Been fine since then.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ambidextrous

Post by ambidextrous »

i had security issues; the garage is on a TPLink dLAN extender. The car didn't like that, as the security wasn't WPA2.

to get the car to connect, I have to move it to the other parking area, which is closer to the normal household mesh. This works fine.

A small inconvenience but one that may help
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

My router is configured to use “WPA2/WPA3-Personal” security. Car has no problem connecting to it.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.