XC40 2020 Model Reduced Acceleration Performance

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
braemarhouse@hotmail

Post by braemarhouse@hotmail »

I wonder if anone else has experienced this problem which has happened 3 times in the past couple of months. With the engine still idling, I sometimes unclip my seat belt prior to moving forward to my final parking position on the drive. Sometimes (but not everytime) I get a warning message "Acceleration performance reduced" and the accelerator operates at lower level when I pull forward and the car seems to jolt a little when a brake. All returns to normal when I turn the engine off and back on. The garage says it is not a known issue. Does anyone else recognise it?

bba

Post by bba »

What engine/gearbox/hybrid?
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
braemarhouse@hotmail

The engine is a B4 Petrol Automatic in an R-Design Body
braemarhouse@hotmail

I should also add that the car is only 13 months old
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

And does it do it if you stay belted up?
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Some cars you can't move at all with the drivers seat belt undone, guess it is down to you unbuckling the seat belt and trying to move the car, what is a surprise, being a Volvo, is that you can move it at all when unbuckled?? This may sound obvious, but equally a simple solution, don't unbuckle your seat belt and then try to move the car!!
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

I have auto B4 R D,no problem moving mine with seat belt off.
Deleted User 3629

With Volvo's safety being first and foremost seems a basic oversight that you can drive one without being belted???
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Oldie wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:26 am With Volvo's safety being first and foremost seems a basic oversight that you can drive one without being belted???
Not everyone is required by law to wear a seat belt.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3629

It wasn't law when Volvo invented the 3-point seat belt, but they did!!