MY23 Details

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I'd be very happy to stay with online Volvo Subscription if they can provide the cars.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Moss

Post by Moss »

qrt31 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:27 pm
eugen61 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:41 pm Volvo is starting to use the very same ordering and online follow-up model that Tesla has been pioneering in the last decade, including drastic limitation of options and customization. If someone feels that ordering Tesla, Polestar or Volvo online represents the end of better way of life, then it can easily choose other car brand that continues to offer the old style, customize everything approach. I don’t think we should blame anyone for modernization, some people will become early adopters, others will remain rejectors until there’s no other choice left.
I didn't even look at Tesla partly because of the way they mess around with their customers. If I had known the Volvo experience was going to be so bad, I would have just bought the Q4. I sincerely doubt I would buy another Volvo based on this experience. I'm sure there will be a greater move to online ordering, but there have to be better ways of implementing it.
Is « CbV » Care by Volvo ? If not, what does CbV mean ?

If it is indeed, is Care by Volvo really the only way to get a Volvo in the UK ? And why do you say « buy another Volvo », since the Care by Volvo service isn’t about buying a Volvo but just using one (i.e. a flexible subscription lease program).
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Yes, CbV is Care by Volvo. It is the only way to order a Volvo fully electric vehicle. CbV does offer a subscription service, and it is now clear that Volvo intends for most of their cars to be 'bought'/leased on subscription. However, I bought my car outright with cash because I thought the subscription terms did not make financial sense, and I just prefer actually owning my car. So, I think part of the problem is that Volvo doesn't actually want you to buy a car, but rather wants people on higher income-generating subscriptions, and so have put zero thought or effort into supporting people who actually buy cars. Indeed, the language that they use with me is subscription, even though I am not subscribing to a car.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

You go into a lovely dealers showroom, usually local, perhaps drink coffee, touch/ feel the quality and the ergonomics of the car, maybe take a test drive. Then negotiate, quite often a great discount, maybe some freebies too, made to feel special throughout the process, especially on collection day, PDI properly done - building a positive rapport throughout ownership, dealing with any issue along the way in a constructive manor - all this and much more, that's the dealer way. Can someone please explain how buying online is an improvement - cuz just don't get it???
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Oldie wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 am You go into a lovely dealers showroom, usually local, perhaps drink coffee, touch/ feel the quality and the ergonomics of the car, maybe take a test drive. Then negotiate, quite often a great discount, maybe some freebies too, made to feel special throughout the process, especially on collection day, PDI properly done - building a positive rapport throughout ownership, dealing with any issue along the way in a constructive manor - all this and much more, that's the dealer way. Can someone please explain how buying online is an improvement - cuz just don't get it???

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

It's an improvement for them as they cut out the dealers profit!

I think there's too much emphasis these days on doing everything online. It's like a new mantra. As you so eloquently said, people like to touch feel and interact, and build a rapport with the dealers.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I just received an e-mail from CbV inviting me to download the app (which I had already done to try to track the car, which didn't work). Interesting that the e-mail refers specifically to subscription - as if those who are buying the car outright don't exist. Also interesting that it refers to Sensus Connect, which I assume does not apply to my BEV since it has the Android system rather than Sensus.
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Electric vehicles are expensive enough without removing any opportunities to haggle with the price. I struggle with the idea of paying for list price rather than doing a deal with the dealer.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

For a company that clearly has designs on moving more business to their online CbV channel they have really screwed up. Doesn't bode well for the product.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Retails profits are being hit by the likes of CarWow enabling people to easily shop around for best prices and use that knowledge to negotiate harder with their dealer. Moving sales online means the manufacture becomes the retailer and controls the price. The dealer becomes an agent working on commission. He then provides a showroom display, test drive and service operation, with only trade in values, used car sales and finance left to negotiate with the customer. It's the way ahead...
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior