MY23 Details

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I really don't understand how you are supposed to order a loaded AWD XC40. Appears you can't.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Is it just me or have Volvo UK deleted the car configurator and redirected it to the CbV shop?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Macachia

Post by Macachia »

jamie307 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:16 pm Is it just me or have Volvo UK deleted the car configurator and redirected it to the CbV shop?
That’s what I get as well
On order 03/2021, delivery September to December 2022
XC-40 Recharge Twin Ultimate in fjord blue
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yep, I get that too. It's a complete shambles. What a way to launch their new range. If I where Geely I'd be looking for heads to roll.
Clearly they needed to hand over their marketing to Google as well.
Lincolnshire England.
Leodis

Post by Leodis »

The lead times on the configurator have changed, the B3 yesterday was 5-6 months now it says 8-9 months, the same for MY22 version, was 4 weeks and now 5 weeks but the dealer told me it was March delivery.

As mentioned about, just get the lease options now
MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
It was always my thoughts that Volvo uk are trying to get rid of the dealers as we know them ever since the online ordering started during the pandemic and the monthly subscription service, the problem is that reading the comments on the forum they are failing at this with some experiencing a poor customer service.

Volvo like other carmakers are reducing costs wherever possible, reducing choice, stripping out kit etc , I see the demotion of dealers as just another cost cutting excersize, if they don’t sell the car you don’t have to pay them cut out the middleman. In my sceptical thoughts I see dealers turning into used car lots and a garage with mechanics, sorry technicians. This scenario of course may not happen but if it does I don’t believe I would buy another Volvo.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Den48 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 pm Hi
It was always my thoughts that Volvo uk are trying to get rid of the dealers as we know them ever since the online ordering started during the pandemic and the monthly subscription service, the problem is that reading the comments on the forum they are failing at this with some experiencing a poor customer service.

Volvo like other carmakers are reducing costs wherever possible, reducing choice, stripping out kit etc , I see the demotion of dealers as just another cost cutting excersize, if they don’t sell the car you don’t have to pay them cut out the middleman. In my sceptical thoughts I see dealers turning into used car lots and a garage with mechanics, sorry technicians. This scenario of course may not happen but if it does I don’t believe I would buy another Volvo.
Indeed, I have had horrible customer service. And CbV tried to get me to sign up for a subscription to get my car faster - basically pay more money in the end to get a car in less time. CbV keeps saying that all dealers have signed up to this, but certainly my dealer is not happy with the situation. I now regret having ordered my car, but too late to pull out. I just hope I don’t have any problems with the car - otherwise I am not confident they will be addressed properly.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Perhaps we only have ourselves to blame, seems to be the same everywhere - they move online and we take the bait - look at our shops, banks etc all decimated by our apathy to move to online for most things - all at the demise of our old, and for me, a better way of life - guess many will give criticism to this post - and as always it is only an opinion, but in my view we are the poorer for it.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Oldie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:58 am Perhaps we only have ourselves to blame, seems to be the same everywhere - they move online and we take the bait - look at our shops, banks etc all decimated by our apathy to move to online for most things - all at the demise of our old, and for me, a better way of life - guess many will give criticism to this post - and as always it is only an opinion, but in my view we are the poorer for it.
I partially agree with your point. I would much prefer to be able to go into a dealership, establish a relationship, and be supported through the process with a real person I have met. But it is still Volvo's decision to bring in such a poor ordering process and resultant poor customer service. Volvo could have done things differently. I have provided them significant feedback, which of course they thank me for, but they don't seem interested in actually listening to their customers and changing anything. They are committed to support by app, thinking that they are selling us the equivalent of an iPhone which we can track on DPD or whatever, rather than selling us a £60K car which is a much more complicated process with more important implications if anything goes wrong, and expecting us to track everything via the app (which at least for me has not worked - this morning the app is showing a March delivery, even though I should hopefully be getting the car sometime next week. Apparently this is a 'worst case scenario'.)
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

My personal experience of many dealerships is poor. Sometimes good, until they've got your money. So I'm not fussed about having a "relationship" just want everyone to do their job properly. So far for me CbV have performed well. No complaints.
However, the availability of options on the new XC40 and the lack of information on the web is disgraceful. Hopefully, as previously suggested, we will get more options in the coming months else I'm afraid I'll be looking to other brands for my next car.
Lincolnshire England.