MY23 Details

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Volvo is starting to use the very same ordering and online follow-up model that Tesla has been pioneering in the last decade, including drastic limitation of options and customization. If someone feels that ordering Tesla, Polestar or Volvo online represents the end of better way of life, then it can easily choose other car brand that continues to offer the old style, customize everything approach. I don’t think we should blame anyone for modernization, some people will become early adopters, others will remain rejectors until there’s no other choice left.

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

qrt31 - poor service is poor service be it face to face or online - the post was generalising the pitfalls of online, as you say, guess a small value item is one thing but a 60k item is another - and when it goes wrong and you can't go anywhere but online for help, and online has no relationship value in the real sense, then I guess its utter then panic - its like those poor folk who have had no electricity for several days now and told to go online for help - without the inclination - no electricity no online. JFDIT - maybe we should be fussed about having "relationships" with suppliers - trust me, without it goes the face to face empathy that puts most thing right, and when that's gone - its gone, big time.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

eugen61 - never been a fan of all the option silliness - modernisation can be a good thing solving many a problem but we should not be fool into thinking just because its modern its right - as for the limited offerings of models being modern - look to the past for that one - remember the slogan - "you can have any colour so long as its black"???
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Oldie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:05 pm eugen61 - never been a fan of all the option silliness - modernisation can be a good thing solving many a problem but we should not be fool into thinking just because its modern its right - as for the limited offerings of models being modern - look to the past for that one - remember the slogan - "you can have any colour so long as its black"???
You’re bringing an excellent point into the argument. I guess time will tell if Tesla’s online ordering model becomes mainstream success or remains limited to a couple of brands.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

eugen61 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:41 pm Volvo is starting to use the very same ordering and online follow-up model that Tesla has been pioneering in the last decade, including drastic limitation of options and customization. If someone feels that ordering Tesla, Polestar or Volvo online represents the end of better way of life, then it can easily choose other car brand that continues to offer the old style, customize everything approach. I don’t think we should blame anyone for modernization, some people will become early adopters, others will remain rejectors until there’s no other choice left.
I didn't even look at Tesla partly because of the way they mess around with their customers. If I had known the Volvo experience was going to be so bad, I would have just bought the Q4. I sincerely doubt I would buy another Volvo based on this experience. I'm sure there will be a greater move to online ordering, but there have to be better ways of implementing it.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Oldie, When something goes wrong with the car it's not the sales rep that sold it to you and made the comission that is involved in the Fix. I can't envisage a brand without a face to face service team ready and willing to provide empathy... and if you're lucky a fix.
It's commonplace for sales and service to have separate accounts streams so neither is concerned with where you purchased the vehicle or where you have it serviced.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Having been in software development and deployment all my life I'm happy clicking the purchase or going face to face with a salesman beating out a deal. My issue is if they ain't selling what I want the former is irrelevant. I require fully loaded AWD petrol or petrol hybrid.

Fully electric may be fine for town dwellers who probably only need the car for a school run but is useless for me. I live in Lincolnshire and travel regularly to the north east of England. Battery Powered vehicles are as much use as a horse and cart. Which incidentally the locals only swapped for the internal combustion engine a few years back....
Lincolnshire England.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Part of the problem with the online order model is that dealers are cut out of most of the process and as a result don't necessarily have accurate or up to date information. That was definitely the case with the dealer where I went to do the test drive - they gave me inaccurate information on timescales, and subsequently admitted that they did not have this information. If I had known this up front, I would have asked CbV. CbV needs to be much clearer about the actual process because it is not in fact as easy as just pressing a button.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I only dealt with CbV until the physical handover. The dealer wanted me to pick the car up else they couldn't provide the correct "handover experience". It wasn't worth the journey, should have had it delivered. The dealer interaction was the least impressive part of the deal.
Lincolnshire England.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
It’s a pity that your dealer experience wasn’t what you expected , my experience was fine from initial order to handover, maybe they realise that they are possibly in the process of being taken out of the loop.
I used to work for BMW and I took part in their car scheme which basically meant a new car every 8 to 12 months, similar to Volvo subscription everything included but with shorter time limits.

My point is that no dealer was involved I ordered the car myself and it was delivered with a full pdi to wherever you worked within the company or if you fancied a day out to regional collection centres. Thinking about this and this thread I wonder how long it will be before Volvo have some form of regional collection process.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my