City safe has a mind of its own!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Gseany

Post by Gseany »

Does anyone else have problems with the city safe going off seemingly randomly??
XC40 First Edition, Flame Red, 19" wheels

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Oh dear hope this is one off, I had a similar problem with my last car it applied full emergency brakes when nothing nearby, very dangerous , they couldn’t find a fault and I ended up rejecting the vehicle.
I would get it checked out and see what they have to say.
T5 First edition Crystal White
DanM

Post by DanM »

Mine has triggered a few times, once when I didn't see why although I was in traffic. A couple of times have been when approaching parked cars before I've overtaken them (understandable if it thinks you have left it too late). Another one was when someone suddenly braked in front of me to let another car out which I think was a good save!
XC40 First Edition - Bursting Blue
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Gseany wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 am Does anyone else have problems with the city safe going off seemingly randomly??
What level of sensitivity have you got yours set too, I've got mine on the middle setting and it seems ok.

It went off once when a man walking his dog started wondering onto the road to attempt a crossing and then stepped back onto the path when he saw me so guess that is a save on Volvo's side?

My Audi had the same system and would go off too much to be honest so had it checked and toned down the settings and that was then ok.

Worth checking all the same?
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My dealer said to keep an eye on this and alter in settings as appropriate. The neutral setting though should work in most circumstances.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

Do you have to set it to middle setting before every journey ! meaning once its set that's it doesn't set back to the former

Thanks in advance

Robbo
Gseany

Post by Gseany »

I've got it on the middle setting so should be ok. Think I'll get it checked, just to be sure!
XC40 First Edition, Flame Red, 19" wheels
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

Yes, definitely! Scared the crap out of me the first time. There was nothing ahead of me in road but the car just applied the brakes. It's going to the dealer to have the boot floor replaced so I'll ask them to check it.
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

Foxracer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:18 pm Yes, definitely! Scared the crap out of me the first time. There was nothing ahead of me in road but the car just applied the brakes. It's going to the dealer to have the boot floor replaced so I'll ask them to check it.
Why the boot floor replacement?
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

early adopter wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:50 am Why the boot floor replacement?
Because they didn't fit the folding floor, just a standard one.
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar