Lack of CD player on 2021 Volvo cx40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Luddite

Post by Luddite »

Is there a compatible portable car CD player to add on to the media on 2021 Volvo cx40? I do not want to download all my music to memory stick or phone, just want to play my cd’s!

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Have a google for a portable cd player...I guess you could either use the bluetooth connection or the aux in.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I'm surprised that you are not asking about how to connect your 'cats whisker' radio as well!
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

I know its all about streaming music today, more is the pity - but wish manufacturers still fitted a cd player hidden somewhere - is it too much to as to have "real" music as the artist intended rather than compressed streamed naff stuff - only my opinion guys???
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I'll be switching my Spotify Premium 320 MP3 to Amazon Music soon. They now include HD/Ultra HD ("CD quality") as standard and as I have Prime already it'll be £7.99, saving £2 on Spotify. #EveryLittleHelps.

Haven't had a CD slot in my last 4 cars and having got the neatest solution for Android Auto I've ever had (see pic), the last thing I want to do is have a disc player plugged in - presumably to the ordinary USB socket? - or bluetoothing over? Do such players exist?

I understand the simplicity and certainty of pushing a CD in a slot, but the discs have to be stored too. And these days I prefer minimalist.

Good luck 👍🏻

IMG-20211123-WA0000.jpg

Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I’m annoyed that my yogurt pot phone can’t be used in my XC40 as the string isn’t long enough 🤷‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Oldie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:01 pm I know its all about streaming music today, more is the pity - but wish manufacturers still fitted a cd player hidden somewhere - is it too much to as to have "real" music as the artist intended rather than compressed streamed naff stuff - only my opinion guys???

IMO, it would be difficult to hear the difference between a CD ripped to MP3 at 320kbps and the original when played in the car. I know some don't like the process of ripping, but with USB storage at the low price it is, the convenience of having getting on 400 albums to select from on one USB key at 320kbps, as I have, is worth considering.

If quality worries you, though, the Sensus media system will play .flac files, which, though larger than MP3 are lossless, and thus indistinguishable from CD quality. The ripping process is no more difficult than MP3.

I store all my music on a NAS at home ripped in .flac format and streamed to a number of devices/hifi systems. As the .flac files are lossless, I can batch convert them to MP3 at whatever compression rate I wish, and use them in my vehicles. (MP3/320 being the sweet spot for me between quality and storage occupancy).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Given hearing loss due to age can start from your 20s...much more likely by your 40s....and certainly by your 60s...I chortle when I read people talking about "real music"..... "the sound of vinyl" ...not this digital stuff...or think CD is real music when it is all ones and noughts... don't people realise their hearing isn't what it was when they were younger.

Bring back cassettes...or reel to reel !! Nice and distorted like my hearing lol
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I much lament the passing of the 8 Track myself. Sad times.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

That Nancy Sinatra and her walking boots was a revelation on 8 Track 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21