Lack of CD player on 2021 Volvo cx40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ditto, my music also been digitised to flac, and on a thumbdrive in the car. It barely takes a quarter of the drives capacity!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Time to move onto something relevant.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

eugen61 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:25 am
Oldie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:18 am Safety reasons - that's funny, with all the apps, looking at screens, scrolling to find that piece of music and tapping screens over and over again while trying to watch the road - putting a CD in a slot seems far more safer???
I said voice commands, not looking at the centre display. That’s why I stated Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, not USB stick or app.
Thanks to Greggspies for pointing out that voice commands also work with media saved on USB stick. From user manual:
Commands for radio and media player device control are shown below.
Tap on steering wheel voice icon and say one of the following commands:
• "Media" - starts a dialogue for media and radio and shows examples of commands.
• "Play [artist]" - plays back music by the selected artist.
• "Play [song title]" - plays back the selected song.
• "Play [song title] from [album]" - plays back the selected song from the selected album.
rjod57

Post by rjod57 »

:D :D

2bf93076ec59e8987cc3a4c238e1bfdf.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

...being a Neil Young fan, I find you can't beat the original..

It does compromise passenger space, though.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Oldie wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:48 pm Think you are wrong there blastpipe, the vinyl obsession was about nostalgia - the authentication of the product against needle creating all the other sounds, whereas the CD lost all that through lack of contact - and why vinyl is back in vogue, just a bit difficult playing vinyl whilst driving - think the needle would skip a bit, which would ruin the play? Loved vinyl, all the special limited edition colours, the special limited edition artistry - and - often a true investment - streaming music - ok listening to, just about - anything else from it - not a sausage?
No I'm not wrong. I remember it vividly. The vinyl obsession was about quality of sound. It did appear at the time that it was the older generation who were stuck in their ways and unable to adapt to newfangled things. I was happy with my new CD player.

You missed the key point earlier though that CDs are digital conversions and are not PURE.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I'm afraid you're wrong again Oldie. The argument for vinyl is simple, Analogue to Analogue is as pure as you can get. Direct cuts and half speed masters being the pinnacle of Analogue recording. CDs whether Analogue to digital as the early ones were or now direct digital recordings is what purists argue about. Clearly you are not an audiophile.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

I always listen to my music with my eyes closed, which, for the time being at least, makes truly listening to music while driving a non- starter
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

:-) :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

As stated before, but guess some folk only read what they want to, love vinyl and would always choose to play vinyl over CD but its a bit difficult in a car - and with all the bluster some dish out hear like "clearly not an audiophile", really!!! - the point was always a personal one, which was, still wish CD players were fitted in cars - that's all!!!