Parking climate

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Gseany

Post by Gseany »

I can't seem to get the parking climate to work from the App. The remote start works fine so don't think it's the App. Any ideas? Getting very frustrated! :x
XC40 First Edition, Flame Red, 19" wheels

MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Unfortunately if you are in the UK, parking climate is not included in the car. Take a look at this thread;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&hilit=Parking+climate

The heating/ cooling will atleast work when remote started, providing it's set correctly.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Breaking news!

Just tested out the parking climate feature in the app, being such a warm day today, and it actually worked. Left it running for about 5 minutes and sure enough the car had cooled down inside, without the engine running,

Would apear parking climate will work to cool the car but not to heat it, makes sense as we know the car has air con installed but not the parking heater.

Anyone else confirm the same?

(You can hear the blowers working when activated)

Screenshot_20180507-134253.jpg

MikeChapman

Post by MikeChapman »

That's really weird. I too haven't been able to get it to work, but seeing this thread thought I'd give it a go and hey presto it's worked! I'd have thought it would be most useful on cold mornings, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding what it's meant to do!
XC40 FE T5 Bursting Blue
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Well found MrParkson, that’ll be perfect for our June delivery. Oh wait, hang on - well, I guess it may be warm in October. 😂

I guess it’s effectiveness will be very battery state dependent, but any advance cooling on days like today will be a godsend.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Ye I've read it will only operate providing the battery is above a certain percentage,

The timer function doesn't seem to work from the app however, haven't tried the in car timer yet.

But at least you can activate it if you remember to pull the app up prior to your journey.

It doesn't seem to activate the fan at full speed, rather a slower speed, beneficial for the battery ibsuppose.

Nice surprise though I thought the parking climate was a complete right off!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 pm Breaking news!

Just tested out the parking climate feature in the app, being such a warm day today, and it actually worked. Left it running for about 5 minutes and sure enough the car had cooled down inside, without the engine running,

Would apear parking climate will work to cool the car but not to heat it, makes sense as we know the car has air con installed but not the parking heater.

Anyone else confirm the same?

(You can hear the blowers working when activated)
Yes - can confirm MrP, although not sure how effective yet. I had read somewhere (?) that pre-conditioning may still work to ventilate the car in warm weather without the need for the Parking Heater, and made a mental note to try it when the weather got better. Tried it yesterday, and it did work! The car was sitting in the sun and the temp gauge on the driver console said 28 degrees C. Didn't leave it on for long, but when I went into the car the blowers were working OK, but simply blowing in the warm air from outside. Needs a longer test to check how cool it might go.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Interesting pjm, my test was to feel the metal surrounds of the air vents, and they were deffinatly cool to the touch, and the car felt quite a comfortable temp. Whatever it's doing its a vast improvement to a hot car! Will give it a longer test shortly.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Good research/testing all.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Welcome back Boomer. Guessed you must have been away for a long weekend!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o