Parking climate

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Haha - yes enjoying the sun whilst it was here.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

I've used remote start a couple of times, and I'm sure the first time round (on a very frosty morning), it automatically started the heated screen/seats etc and had the air con on. Since then, remote start works fine, but the climate control has been off when I've got in the car, and the seats etc havent started. Have I don't something in the settings that's stopped this working, or will this only kick in if the temperature is below a certain point?
deanio

Post by deanio »

It only kicks in below a certain temperature.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

Thanks for clarifying deanio! I'll wait for the next hard frost to see that it works again! :)
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

So this morning was -2, and sure enough the remote start kicked in the heated screens and mirrors, however climate control was stilll off when I got in. Seats and steering wheel hadn’t started either. I do however have them all set to start in the ignition start. Can’t help thinking I’ve changed something somewhere in the profiles that’s stopped this working as I’m sure they all xamemon thenfiest time I tried it! 🤔
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

I ran remote start this morning and the steering wheel and driver seat heaters were on. Plus the windscreen thingy was on too - all the ice had melted.

Just need to figure out how to get the pax side heater on too.

Climate control was off even though it's set in my profile to be 17c both sides.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

-2 here today, tried remote climate 3x said failed to start.
Then tried just remote start, went out 5 mins later to find front and rear screen defrosted, heated seat off but steering wheeel hot.
T5 First edition Crystal White
deanio

Post by deanio »

Remote climate doesn’t exist in the UK. Only remote start works as there is no parking heater fitted.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Note that when you get into the car after remote starting, the Sensus screen doesn’t show that heated seats/wheel are on until you actually press the starter button. They do warm up, but without any indication.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

Thanks for clarifying that. I think that may be what’s been confusing me. I’ve probably not left it long enough for the seats to have started to warm, however the screens have been clear.