Parking climate

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

I picked up my XC40 last week so its a brand new PHEV T5.

Obviously I plug the vehicle in overnight to charge it up...I have set a daily timer to pre-condition the car before i get in, but every morning I get an error message saying that the parking climate was not able to start because the car is plugged in...? Is it just me, or is this the most ridiculous thing? Is there a work-around that doesn't involve going out, unplugging the car, then going back and starting it via the app?! or is this a fault?

Seems a bit odd

BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

I did have issues at first but that was down to me thinking I knew how to set it all up and I didn't :)
I did find that once I'd got my head around the various menus and that the settings were actually being stored it now does what I want it to do and so now I get in and have a nice warm seat and steering wheel and the temp inside the car is as set.
The only time I've had a message similar has been when I've not had it plugged in.
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
EJJ92

Post by EJJ92 »

I picked up my P8 a couple of weeks ago and was having similar issues. The app would tell me it couldn’t set the climate for various reasons. I reset the car to factory settings, deleted/redownloaded the app and now it seems to work as it should.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Websta24 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 pm I picked up my XC40 last week so its a brand new PHEV T5.

Obviously I plug the vehicle in overnight to charge it up...I have set a daily timer to pre-condition the car before i get in, but every morning I get an error message saying that the parking climate was not able to start because the car is plugged in...? Is it just me, or is this the most ridiculous thing? Is there a work-around that doesn't involve going out, unplugging the car, then going back and starting it via the app?! or is this a fault?

Seems a bit odd
You get the same error when you start it manually and select yes at the 'start engine?' prompt.
I've not tried scheduling it so i don't know what options you get, but if there's the option to not start the engine, try that.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
JezzaG

Post by JezzaG »

We just picked up T5 Recharge R-Design in Thunder grey and had a similar issue…

…tracked it down to the NewMotion charger installed FOC by Volvo.

It seems that when you plug-in, swipe and charge all goes well, however, a few hours after charging completes it “disconnects”. The lights are still green so it is plugged in.

So we can start climate pre-condition if charging, shortly after charging, but not the morning after charging, for example.

Only way we found around this was to log into our NewMotion charger web site (it will have a status of “Available”), click to start a charging session, then swap back to the Volvo app and start the climate pre-conditioning. This works every time but the NewMotion site can’t do timed charging so may not be too useful for your case (or indeed if you don’t have the same charger).
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

JezzaG wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:01 am We just picked up T5 Recharge R-Design in Thunder grey and had a similar issue…

…tracked it down to the NewMotion charger installed FOC by Volvo.

It seems that when you plug-in, swipe and charge all goes well, however, a few hours after charging completes it “disconnects”. The lights are still green so it is plugged in.

So we can start climate pre-condition if charging, shortly after charging, but not the morning after charging, for example.

Only way we found around this was to log into our NewMotion charger web site (it will have a status of “Available”), click to start a charging session, then swap back to the Volvo app and start the climate pre-conditioning. This works every time but the NewMotion site can’t do timed charging so may not be too useful for your case (or indeed if you don’t have the same charger).
I do indeed have the Newmotion charger but have changed mine set to plug and charge so no swiping required! Funnily enough, if i look on the app it doesn't seem to end the session and when I look online, the session stops when i physically unplug the car! However i havent tried starting it manually whilst plugged in...ill do this tomorrow!

I have a Rolec unit at work and the car is charging now, i have just started it manually and it seems to work OK.

Maybe its more to do with the timer on the volvo app