CbV shambles

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I am buying my car outright. Perhaps those paying a monthly subscription have had a different experience. Indeed, it has become apparent that although Volvo offers the option to buy outright, the entire process is really only set up for subscriptions. In fact, frequently when I talk with CbV they refer to subscription, even when it is clear I am not subscribing. So I guess the lesson is, if you actually want to buy a car, look elsewhere. I wish I had known this 5 months ago - would have gone with the Q4.

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:04 pm Mine landed at Immingham near Grimsby. They have a storage facility there apparently.
Did CbV tell you this? They said they could not tell me.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No. I picked the car up from Stoneacre Volvo dealership in Grimsby, they said cars are transported to them from the Volvo facility in Immingham.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
mgxc40

Post by mgxc40 »

qrt31 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:43 pm I am buying my car outright. Perhaps those paying a monthly subscription have had a different experience. Indeed, it has become apparent that although Volvo offers the option to buy outright, the entire process is really only set up for subscriptions. In fact, frequently when I talk with CbV they refer to subscription, even when it is clear I am not subscribing. So I guess the lesson is, if you actually want to buy a car, look elsewhere. I wish I had known this 5 months ago - would have gone with the Q4.
I agree. If they had been more honest up front about the real lead time (and not the fictional version they are telling people at order time) we wouldn't have proceeded. Several times when my wife was on the phone at the beginning of the process we were told we could have something much sooner, as a stop-gap, if we started on a flexi subscription while we waited for the car we wanted. From this I can only conclude that their business model is based around the leasing angle with the outright sales being treated as a side aspect.

We are continuing with the order process - seems no reason not to - but are actively looking for other options instead now.