No more orders for MY22 vehicles?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
alexnisbett

Post by alexnisbett »

Just spoke to a dealer about an order for an XC40 PHEV I was contemplating. He told me that Volvo HQ have now stopped taking new orders and won't be manufacturing new MY22 vehicles.

To be honest, my PCP doesn't end until June 23, so I'm not overly concerned, however this is sure to affect and anger Volvo customers plus it seems like UK dealers have been left a little in the dark as to the situation.

Anyone else heard this / able to correct or update? Alex
XC40 T-5 AWD R-Design Pro Auto MY19 Fusion Red Xenium Intellisafe... Insta @red_xc40

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Sounds like we called in just at the right time.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
nablade1

Post by nablade1 »

So . . following on from my previous post a couple of weeks ago, I decided to cancel my (delayed until April) order for a T3 manual and re-order the same car with the B4 AWD (7 speed gearbox confirmed) instead. The main reason for this was for the greater towing capacity due to us now needing a more capable tow car. The dealer kindly obliged and processed a new car using the same spec as the previous order with the revised engine.

I was informed Saturday however that although my order status was showing as 'order confirmed' it may still be rejected by the factory as no further MY22 orders were being accepted. If this is the case then an alternative MY23 would be offered by Volvo but no details have been released in relation to the revised UK trim format, engine line up or pricing/incentives. The email also suggested that the dealer were only made aware of this last Thursday.

Out of curiosity I have configured a car via the German website and it seems the closest comparable version to my order (inc. options) will be the 'Plus' which seems to be a mish mash of standard/optional features of the current Rdesign trim level. I suspect the UK trim levels/option packs will be tailored to better suit the UK market if and when the MY23 goes live here?? I also noted in this configurator that the contrast black roof is no more??
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Don't pay much attention to other-country trim options, they are normally quite different. For example in some European countries DAB radio is a paid-for option and navigation is often omitted from the base spec. Best just to wait for a UK pricelist, which the dealers should normally obtain an electronic version of prior to the UK website being updated.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
So if I understand the thread correctly, you can’t order a my22 car now and that is all of them at the moment I understand, if you do order a car it will be a 23my that may not start until around March/ April next year.
So in summary at the moment Volvo wants you to order a car with no expected delivery date and with a spec /price that is uncertain .
What a mess !!!🤨🤨🤨
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Normally you'd be able to order MYXX cars up to Feb/March of year XX, so that you'd get the last off the line when production switches over in the summer. However due production to delays resulting in orders mounting up that cut-off ordering point has been pushed back to now, and it seems they weren't ready with the MY23 spec quite yet. I guess there's no real urgency for them to fill up the order book for cars being shipped in Q3 2022, there's plenty of time to do that.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Leodis

Post by Leodis »

Morning, I placed an order 3 weeks ago for a MY22, found out via the dealer by accident that MY22 orders stop on 3rd Dec, all previous orders are currently in a holding queue, then on the 6th Dec dealers will be informed which MY22 orders have a place on the line and which will not be completed and need to order a MY23. Orders for MY23 start on the production line in May for June deliveries.

I am currently hoping for a cancelled MY22 as a change in order will prioritise those customers for a MY23 slot, failing that I cancel my MY22 order and reorder a MY23 at the back of the queue.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 05.30.14.png

MY23 B3 Plus on order, no del date.