MY19 "First Edition"

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:57 am
pjm007 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 am Feature code JT02.
Isn't that just standard LED Fogs?

Not when fitted in conjunction with the bendy headlights. I think they just shorten the feature code description.

The setting for the “cornering lights” on/off is in the central console Function View (right hand screen).
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

As chingf0rd has just posted the attached VCUK letter (from 21/2) to another thread on headlight cleaning systems it may be worth noting the 2nd bullet comment in it about FEs and MY19. This may be why the MY19 production screens (and probably the V5s) are describing the cars as R-Designs. i.e. there are to be no MY19 FEs

4360B66A-45E0-4F7B-95A8-8005EDCC936B.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
ZED

Post by ZED »

In terms of the penultimate bullet point. Who do you think the ”disappointed customers” are, to which they refer?
These statements are somewhat worrying, especially when there is talk of cancelling orders.
I would like to think that my order is ok, albeit the vehicle may not be technically called a First Edition.
Am I missing anything? Should I be concerned?
I have had many new cars in the past and this is the first time that I have experienced any such lack of information and clarity. Annoying or what?
ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

ZED wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 pm In terms of the penultimate bullet point. Who do you think the ”disappointed customers” are, to which they refer?
These statements are somewhat worrying, especially when there is talk of cancelling orders.
I would like to think that my order is ok, albeit the vehicle may not be technically called a First Edition.
I have had many new cars in the past and this is the first time that I have experienced any such lack of information and clarity. Annoying or what?
ZED
Well I was one of the "disappointed customers". Some may scoff at such small detail, but if I spend 40k on an car that was promised to be a First Edition with all the trimmings, only to be told that it isn't as advertised...well I wasn't going to just shrug my shoulders and say "oh well - it ain't important".

I'm just glad that my dealer was able to communicate this info to me early on and to give me options whereas other dealers have left their customers in the dark. If you are bothered by what you have ordered or are not confident that you are not going to get what you ordered, I suggest going to your dealer in person and get them to print out the full order form (or at least get it sent as a PDF to you) - it gives all option codes, vehicle identification codes and essential dates.

Of course, what appears from the factory might not tally... :lol:
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
ZED

Post by ZED »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 pm
ZED wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 pm In terms of the penultimate bullet point. Who do you think the ”disappointed customers” are, to which they refer?
ZED
Well I was one of the "disappointed customers". Some may scoff at such small detail, but if I spend 40k on an car that was promised to be a First Edition with all the trimmings, only to be told that it isn't as advertised...well I wasn't going to just shrug my shoulders and say "oh well - it ain't important".

I'm just glad that my dealer was able to communicate this info to me early on and to give me options whereas other dealers have left their customers in the dark. If you are bothered by what you have ordered or are not confident that you are not going to get what you ordered, I suggest going to your dealer in person and get them to print out the full order form (or at least get it sent as a PDF to you) - it gives all option codes, vehicle identification codes and essential dates.

Of course, what appears from the factory might not tally... :lol:
Thank you for your comments.
I feel that a visit to the dealer is indeed due.
All I have in terms of documentation, is the dealer order form which I collected from the dealer on order. This clearly states First Edition. My order was placed within the extended window for First Editions.
I have received nothing from Volvo.
As you were one of the “disappointed customers” what is your position now?
I see that your signature says that you placed your order on 16 March. Was this subsequent to your “disappointment? It is the very same date that I placed my order! It looks like we are both on the same boat if this is the case :lol: What documentation do you have?
ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

On the 14th March I ordered a XC40 D4 First Edition and that is what is stated on my Order Form.
I am unperturbed if Volvo call it an R Design for the factory build process, because basically it is a R Design fully loaded.
What will annoy me if Volvo UK register the car on the V5C Documentation as a R Design, instead of the correct title MY19 First Edition.
It should not be difficult for Volvo UK to register MY19 First Editions cars correctly on all documentation.
Volvo UK should ensure a customers £40,000 car is registered correctly in accordance with the customers Order Form.
Why is Volvo making every thing so difficult ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered 14th March | Delivery October
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Julian B wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:13 pm On the 14th March I ordered a XC40 D4 First Edition and that is what is stated on my Order Form.
I am unperturbed if Volvo call it an R Design for the factory build process, because basically it is a R Design fully loaded.
What will annoy me if Volvo UK register the car on the V5C Documentation as a R Design, instead of the correct title MY19 First Edition.
It should not be difficult for Volvo UK to register MY19 First Editions cars correctly on all documentation.
Volvo UK should ensure a customers £40,000 car is registered correctly in accordance with the customers Order Form.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered 14th March | Delivery October

It will be interesting to see what the V5s eventually say for these MY19s. Please scan and post a copy once in hand.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Julian B wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:13 pm On the 14th March I ordered a XC40 D4 First Edition and that is what is stated on my Order Form.
I fully agree.
Despite what they say in the bulletin, after the bulletin was posted Volvo decided to do a limited run of MY19 FEs, it is surely not difficult to register the car on the V5 as an FE!

Cheers

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Got my V5C back through the post today and it’s described as a T5 First Edition so quite happy.
20” wheels and headlight washers
Jumped 10years of automotive technology so still playing catch-up with this 4x4 iPad.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Bob

Post by Bob »

johnbluerio wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:22 pm Got my V5C back through the post today and it’s described as a T5 First Edition so quite happy.
20” wheels and headlight washers
Jumped 10years of automotive technology so still playing catch-up with this 4x4 iPad.
Yes, but yours will be an MY18, we know they are described as FEs on the V5. It's the MY19s we are concerned about.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)