Map update 1360

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Is anyone else having problems with the latest map update v1360? In my case the automatic update has started and immediately paused over a dozen times in the last week and the Download Centre displays ‘No connection to service’. This has happened on a previous occasion but never with so many false starts. I see the next update is due as soon as 15th November so maybe that is an acknowledgment that there is a bug in this one.

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I'm having the same problem - Download Centre says "No connection" and the map installation is paused. I've tried doing the download OTA, via USB, and by connecting the car to my home WIFI. Same thing every time. I gave up in the end and have booked the car in with the dealer next week, where they'll update the car's software (Sensus rebooting issue) and, hopefully, sort this out.
Last edited by RonFleet on Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

WelshRobin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:08 pm Is anyone else having problems with the latest map update v1360? In my case the automatic update has started and immediately paused over a dozen times in the last week and the Download Centre displays ‘No connection to service’. This has happened on a previous occasion but never with so many false starts. I see the next update is due as soon as 15th November so maybe that is an acknowledgment that there is a bug in this one.
Same here, I’ve been stuck with this bug for a week now.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Mine updated OTA without any issues.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
TurboNeil

Post by TurboNeil »

Same here, tried using a USB also but that didn't work.
2021 R Design T5 in Fusion Red.
Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

Updated mine from a USB this morning. No problems.

Exmpa
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

That’s interesting, Exmpa. Did you try downloading from the internet first? In my experience on two occasions, failed attempts from that source seem to freeze the system and prevent loading from a usb. I have now unticked the automatic download and for the next version I’ll go for the usb method. Fingers crossed!
Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

WelshRobin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:47 pm That’s interesting, Exmpa. Did you try downloading from the internet first? In my experience on two occasions, failed attempts from that source seem to freeze the system and prevent loading from a usb. I have now unticked the automatic download and for the next version I’ll go for the usb method. Fingers crossed!
I never bother with the auto download; old work habits with periodic nav database updates die hard. Download it onto the usb stick, plug it into the car and let the magic happen! The nav system works as normal whilst the system updates from the usb, pauses and resumes when you switch off. I haven’t experienced any problems with this method.

Exmpa
Moss

Post by Moss »

Exmpa wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:54 pm
WelshRobin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:47 pm That’s interesting, Exmpa. Did you try downloading from the internet first? In my experience on two occasions, failed attempts from that source seem to freeze the system and prevent loading from a usb. I have now unticked the automatic download and for the next version I’ll go for the usb method. Fingers crossed!
I never bother with the auto download; old work habits with periodic nav database updates die hard. Download it onto the usb stick, plug it into the car and let the magic happen! The nav system works as normal whilst the system updates from the usb, pauses and resumes when you switch off. I haven’t experienced any problems with this method.

Exmpa
Strange. As far as I’m aware, the nav system doesn’t work at all while you update the map it uses.
Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

Moss wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:30 pm Strange. As far as I’m aware, the nav system doesn’t work at all while you update the map it uses.
I still get map and position information in the driver’s display whilst the update is in progress. I don’t believe that the update overwrites the active database until it is fully transferred. The final message is to the effect that “Update will be completed when the car is switched off”. This would possibly indicate that the overwrite or change takes place when the system is not in use.

Exmpa