Map update 1360

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Moss wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Exmpa wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:54 pm
WelshRobin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:47 pm That’s interesting, Exmpa. Did you try downloading from the internet first? In my experience on two occasions, failed attempts from that source seem to freeze the system and prevent loading from a usb. I have now unticked the automatic download and for the next version I’ll go for the usb method. Fingers crossed!
I never bother with the auto download; old work habits with periodic nav database updates die hard. Download it onto the usb stick, plug it into the car and let the magic happen! The nav system works as normal whilst the system updates from the usb, pauses and resumes when you switch off. I haven’t experienced any problems with this method.

Exmpa
Strange. As far as I’m aware, the nav system doesn’t work at all while you update the map it uses.
Yes it does
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

Moss

Post by Moss »

Chris John wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 am
Moss wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Exmpa wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:54 pm

I never bother with the auto download; old work habits with periodic nav database updates die hard. Download it onto the usb stick, plug it into the car and let the magic happen! The nav system works as normal whilst the system updates from the usb, pauses and resumes when you switch off. I haven’t experienced any problems with this method.

Exmpa
Strange. As far as I’m aware, the nav system doesn’t work at all while you update the map it uses.
Yes it does
Not over here. While updating the entire Europe map (52 GB) via a 64 GB USB stick, the navigation system doesn’t work.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Ignore my last post. This morning I changed my mind and re-ticked the auto download and the map immediately started to update. I must try to be less impatient about this constant pausing in future!
White

Post by White »

I have updates set to "automatic" but the map update tells me it is too large for auto update. I have gone into support.volvo.cars.com and downloaded it onto a memory stick and intend putting it into the car next time I use it.
I note however that the info on 1360 states "published 28/10/21" and "planned update 15/11/21"
Does this mean that the update will not be available to the satnav system until 15/11/21 ?
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

This just means that the next map update is due to be released on 15/11/21 ,probably 1361 version.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

eugen61 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:15 pm
WelshRobin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:08 pm Is anyone else having problems with the latest map update v1360? In my case the automatic update has started and immediately paused over a dozen times in the last week and the Download Centre displays ‘No connection to service’. This has happened on a previous occasion but never with so many false starts. I see the next update is due as soon as 15th November so maybe that is an acknowledgment that there is a bug in this one.
Same here, I’ve been stuck with this bug for a week now.
Today the bug miraculously disappeared and Download Centre connected to service updating OTA to v1360.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

My paused update, which lasted over two weeks, suddenly unpaused itself yesterday and 1360 is now installed. Mind you, the system did three sets of three reboots during the update!
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue