Main Dealer Service

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Oldie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:52 pm Oddly the rear brake pads do seem to wear faster than the fronts, guess its something to do with the re-gen system
That logic is backwards.

The car uses the motor to recover energy from a slowing down car so in theory should use the brakes less than a normal car. Indeed there are drivers of all electric cars out there who are getting 70,000 miles out of a set of brake pads for this very reason.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

You are right, the logic is backwards, but do find a lot more brake dust forms on the rear wheels than the front, the only car that has ever done this - more brake dust = more wear?
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I did 90k in a manual Freelander 2. Rear Pads replaced at 40k, front and rear Pads and Discs replaced at 80k.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Oldie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:13 pm You are right, the logic is backwards, but do find a lot more brake dust forms on the rear wheels than the front, the only car that has ever done this - more brake dust = more wear?
Interestingly my T5 Recharge was in today for it's first service. 16k miles on the clock and 11 months old.

On the inspection report both front and rear pads are reported as being at 10mm (15% worn) which kind of bears out what I was saying. At this rate it will be 50k to 60k before I am looking at replacing any pads
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde