Screen reset

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

How often do you find your screen blanks out and resets whilst you are driving?

I’m now finding it happens 1-3 times a week. It takes a minute or so to reset, which can be disturbing when you are on unfamiliar roads following the SatNav.

little jack

Post by little jack »

Best you contact dealer. This shouldn’t be happening.. mine has never done this in the three years I’ve owned it.
Don’t put up with it !
Don’t let others stop you from doing what you love!
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Never had that happen to me, thankfully
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

This has happened a few times to me. It’s usually if I’ve started the car and switched off before it’s fully booted, such as moving the car off the drive. Probably 3 or 4 times in the last 12 months. Will ask about it when it’s next serviced.
Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

Thanks for the feedback
bba

Post by bba »

Never, so far. But a few times recently, I think three, has the centre screen not come on at start and it has taken several minutes for it to get going - this without me doing anything. However, it is concerning as the heated seat and steering wheel does not come on nor - if I remember rightly - does the seat belt warning chime (I could be wrong on that last one) but I remember thinking that the car is not fully functional and thus not safe without the centre console system operational.

So far this one is at the top of my list of concerns when it is time for the next service.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

It happened only once to me. When starting the car my finger slipped on the start button, so I either pressed it too briefly or pressed it more than once. The engine complained a bit but started, then when I was driving over the next few minutes the screen reset it self several times. Restarting the car sorted it out and it never happened again.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

8 months in never had any of this.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Sounds daft, but does it happen all the time, or just if you're on DAB, mine used to do it occasionally, but seems to have stopped, since the software update at the first service?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I've just talked to my dealer's service manager about this, as my car does it three or four starts in a row then is OK for a few weeks. He told me it is a known problem and there is a software update available to fix it. My car is booked in for the update next week. He's also going to sort out my paused map update at the same time.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue