Cross Traffic and BLIS

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Are the above items included in the current delivery of the Driver Assistance pack? Very grateful for any help. Thank you.

My car is on order but the order form does not mention these items but the website indicates that they are included. Just looking for clarification.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.

Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

I believe (supported by the current price list) that the current "Driver Assistance" delivery is limited to Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control.

The previously available wider "Driver Assist" package including BLIS, Cross Traffic, etc was withdrawn shortly before my order went in at the start of June (Chip Shortage) and, AFAIK, those components are still unavailable.

(But, given the debate going on about what people are expecting and what they're actually being delivered, YMMV :? )
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

When I ordered my new XC40 this Monday the salesman confirmed that the BLISS and cross-traffic system is unavailable until further notice due to chip shortage. I asked that if the system becomes available between now and when my car is built would I be able to add it to the build. He was unable to give me an answer.
I’m really going to miss the cross traffic alert, so useful when reversing out of a parking space…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Thank you for your replies. I have now sent an email to the retailer for clarification. From what I understand from price list and website, these items should be in the Driver Assistance package. The listed price (£1100) has not changed which looks unfair. This is webpage link: https://www.volvocars.com/mt/why-volvo/ ... assistance
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I have a brochure for xc40 my22 dated 1/7/21 where the drive assist package is not available at all , I also have a late 2020 brochure where driver assist was priced at £1550 that includes everything and finally I have an xc60 brochure where the driver assist is priced at £1100 that reflects the missing systems bliss etc. I know it’s an xc60 but the prices for the packages are likely to be the same.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

..as above. The "Driver Assist" package was priced at £1550 on version 2 of the pricelist when I ordered my car in early June (but had just gone unavailable on the dealer's configurator, so I couldn't have it). It contained all of the items.

The current pricelist (5b) lists only "Driver Assistance" at £1100, comprising only Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Thank you for further replies. The situation is clear for me now. The CT and Blis will be absent.
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Only recently spotted that speed limit observance will be compulsory on all new cars next year - my cynical mind makes me suspect that some of the chip shortage is manufacturers stockpiling because next year they won't be abe to sell cars if they don't have the chips.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

pwliv wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:59 am Only recently spotted that speed limit observance will be compulsory on all new cars next year - my cynical mind makes me suspect that some of the chip shortage is manufacturers stockpiling because next year they won't be abe to sell cars if they don't have the chips.
So you think not selling cars this year so they can sell them next year eh…..hmmm not sure that quite adds up
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Chris John wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 pm
pwliv wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:59 am Only recently spotted that speed limit observance will be compulsory on all new cars next year - my cynical mind makes me suspect that some of the chip shortage is manufacturers stockpiling because next year they won't be abe to sell cars if they don't have the chips.
So you think not selling cars this year so they can sell them next year eh…..hmmm not sure that quite adds up
no - removing options on cars this year because they can still sell them without the options, whereas next year they can't.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist